VAZ Modular 3.20 beta 17 released

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, this new build is now available to download from vaz-synths.com.

New features are:
  • New Mixer 4:2 module
    New Counter 8-Out module (prototype)
    Updated Oscillator-D module: added Tri and Sine outputs
Martin
Last edited by MadGav on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice new features!

Any chance that there will be an LFO like the "LFO B" but with rate-modulation? Want to use that for sinus-waves. :)

Best regards,
Kire

How about:
(either) an extra out on the LFO module, basically a sine-shaper on the Saw output
(or) a standalone Sine Shaper module?

right on with the 4:2 mixer :love:
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

MadGav wrote:How about:
(either) an extra out on the LFO module, basically a sine-shaper on the Saw output
Both sounds great! :)

I need it just for controlling the sinus-lfo rate with polyphonic aftertouch.

What is your best tip for a nice analog drift? I use a Random S module to an AMP, to the osc pitch right now (one for each oscillator). I tried some different lfo's like the sample&hold with output lag and the chaos lfo. Right now I think the Random S is giving me the best drift-emulation. Is there other ways?

Maybe a drift-module in the future? :P

Thank you for making this dreammachine!

Best regards,
Kire

its only been five minutes of testing - but im stuck - how does the new counter 8 out work?
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

Kire wrote:

What is your best tip for a nice analog drift? I use a Random S module to an AMP, to the osc pitch right now (one for each oscillator). I tried some different lfo's like the sample&hold with output lag and the chaos lfo. Right now I think the Random S is giving me the best drift-emulation. Is there other ways?

Best regards,
Kire
If i want drift on a unison patch, i take a sample and hold lfo, hook up a voice number module to the rate (so that each voice recieves a slightly different tempo LFO), and use that to slightly bend the pitch.

mojogigolo wrote:its only been five minutes of testing - but im stuck - how does the new counter 8 out work?
Drive the step input with an LFO, run outputs A-D into a Mixer 4-Input and connect output E to the Reset input. This will create a 4-step sequencer. Or try triggering several envelopes with different outputs.

Martin

wow, thats got some great potential. shoulda sorted that out myself, but thanks for the heads-up.

nb - you mentioned at one point making some midi out modules with loopback options, etc. - is that still on the drawing board?

as always - thanks again for your astounding software and continual updates/ support.

MIDI out modules are still at the rough prototype stage.

mojogigolo wrote:
Kire wrote:

Best regards,
Kire
If i want drift on a unison patch, i take a sample and hold lfo, hook up a voice number module to the rate (so that each voice recieves a slightly different tempo LFO), and use that to slightly bend the pitch.
Thank's!

But I can't find a sample and hold LFO with rate-modulation...?! :?

thats because i made it up - set up an lfo, and then modulate the speed of that by the voice count/number module (higher numbered voices will mean a faster lfo)

stick that through a sample and hold, with some sort of trigger. perhaps run it through a slew limiter/ smoothener of some sort so it less abrubt and digital.

once you've done that, spread the unison on the cv to add more/different(?) unison over the top.

the options are huge though. ie - sometimes ill rig up a unison mono patch with 5 voices, then stick an lfo onto the pitch (full) - make the lfo square, and narrow band, then run it through the unipoloar module. that way, all of our voices will octave jump, but at different rates. do it at a subtle pitch mod depth, and you just have interesting detuning effects.

ie voice number module= possibilities x voices. took me years to notice it, too.

mojogigolo wrote:thats because i made it up - set up an lfo, and then modulate the speed of that by the voice count/number module (higher numbered voices will mean a faster lfo)

stick that through a sample and hold, with some sort of trigger. perhaps run it through a slew limiter/ smoothener of some sort so it less abrubt and digital.

once you've done that, spread the unison on the cv to add more/different(?) unison over the top.

the options are huge though. ie - sometimes ill rig up a unison mono patch with 5 voices, then stick an lfo onto the pitch (full) - make the lfo square, and narrow band, then run it through the unipoloar module. that way, all of our voices will octave jump, but at different rates. do it at a subtle pitch mod depth, and you just have interesting detuning effects.

ie voice number module= possibilities x voices. took me years to notice it, too.
Nice, thanks! Endless possibilities with VAZ! :)

Hi

The vsti is seen as an effect by fl studio scanner :(
Last edited by geoslake on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It would be nice if someone put screenshots of the new beta modules - I sold my licence, then bought it again, then sold it - I've been without it for a year or so. Perhaps I might buy it again.........

Return to “VAZ Synths”