mbox, microphone inputs and vaz modular?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Admittedly, i dont particularly understand the workings of the mbox im borrowing, but in flstudio, i can get the mic input to work, but no matter what i try, when i set the 'live input' module to mic input, it gives me white noise, the mic does nothing.

am obsessing over this - is there something im missing?

thanks
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

Have you tried each of MME, DirectSound and Asio drivers and hosted in I.e. FL?

Martin

when i host it in fruity, it works fine. i thought if you were using the mbox you had to use the digidesign drivers? ill see if that helps - thanks.

actually, just to clarify - if you run the mic through fruity, insert vaz as an effect, it works. if you run standalone, you get white noise through the mic, and if you load vaz as an instrument in fruity, the audio input module has no input selected, and nothing on the dropdown.

and Gav- i cant change drivers without changing them away from the mbox - it either works through the mbox with the broken mic, or you use the onboard soundcard, and therefore cant select the mic (that is routed through the mbox).

can anyone confirm that this even works, under any conditions? Huge thanks.

no kind soul with an mbox can confirm if this is a bug or just some oversight on my part?

mojogigolo wrote:no kind soul with an mbox can confirm if this is a bug or just some oversight on my part?
which mbox, which version of PT? (because the PT version usually dictates the drivers)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

umm, its an old mbox, an mbox 1 (?) which looks like this: http://osxfaq.com/radio/07-2003/07-19.ws

i dont have protools, i just borrowed the mbox and downloaded the drivers from the website.

thanks.

Return to “VAZ Synths”