Poly AT bug?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Often when I play/record a sound with Vaz Modular that includes polyphonic aftertouch (for example vibrato), Vaz seems to continue with a vibrato even if I don't use pressure any more.

Is this an unknown bug? :)

Hi Kire,

I don't think this is the most used feature so quite possibly buggy... does the sticking occur while a note is held down? If you can describe the behaviour with a known MIDI stream I doubt it will be hard to work out what's going wrong.

Martin

I'll investigate some more in the weekend. :)

I use an Ensoniq TS10 for the polyphonic pressure. First everything works fine. I use poly.AT. for vibrato, filter opening and amplifier. Suddenly the vibrato starts even if I don't use pressure, I only trigger the note. When I restart the Cubase-project, everything works fine agian for a while.

I'll check the midi-stream and if it's possible that it's the Ensoniq that goes crazy sometimes.

Hm, I really don't know what's going on. When the 'ghost'pressure begins (vibrato), it appears only on specific notes on the keyboard. For example D, A, E for each octave. This happens even if I trigger the notes from another keyboard that doesn't have aftertouch at all.

I use a 3-input mixer for lfo on input A, and modulate it with poly-pressure.

When I made a recording with this 'ghost'pressure, no midi-data of pressure was recorded.

Best regards,
Kire

I've discovered a pattern.

Everything works fine until I record a musical piece, including midi-data of polypressure.

Maybe I have to reset something to clear the notes from midi-values?

I have a suspicion of what this problem is... Hopefully get time to look at it soon!

Martin

Thank you Martin! Excellent support as usual :)

Hi!

Discovered that the bug seems to be voice dependent. If I have a polyphony of 4 voices, the three first are fine, but the fourth voice gets the bug after a while.

Kire wrote:Hi!

Discovered that the bug seems to be voice dependent. If I have a polyphony of 4 voices, the three first are fine, but the fourth voice gets the bug after a while.
:roll: :)

Tweak for this is done for the next release.

Martin

Great! Thank's! :)

Fixed in 3.20 beta 16.

Return to “VAZ Synths”