How to create an Infinite Release on Vaz Modular?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

I wonder if there's a way to create a "hold" Release on Vaz Modular. I'm looking for some Attack, maximum Sustain and when I release the note it keeps sounding "eternally" (the Release must be equal to the Sustain). Such envelope should modulate an oscilator in a way that it should keep the pitch when I release the note (the amplifier Envelope has a longer duration, so at the moment I hear a pitch decay when I release the note).

Thanks!

How about replacing this with an inverted envelope where attack is the shortest possible, then decay/release control the desired sweep and sustain is at zero.

Martin

Hi!
Thank you very much for this. That was perfect and now I can obtain exactly the effect I wanted.
Best regards and congrats!

Nice! The possibilities in Vaz are endless! New things to learn and discover every day. A modern dreammachine!

hi everyone,

playing around w vaz mod and having trouble getting this infinite sustain to work...i don't really use midi keyboards etc, just want to be able to set freq's of oscillators, modulate them, and fade them in via faders (i do use midi faders lol)...but i don't want to constantly have to kit my computer keyboard to retrigger the envelope..just want it 'on'.

i've tried to push attack to far left and decay/sustain/release all to far right (tried this in almost every preset) and although it 'sustains' longer, it still eventually fades out.

am i doing something wrong, or missing something simple?

cheers :)

Instead of controlling an amp with an env use a fixed value and map a midi slider to it?

Martin

Ah thanks...I thought fixed value might be in there somewhere...thanks!

:O

Try this. Open up the basic patch then on the Master Controls select Filter 1 for left and right outputs. Now you'll have an eternal sound with the filter. The LFO sweeps the patch, adjust rate to taste. Also tweek the Filter 1 FM.

Return to “VAZ Synths”