VAZ Modular 3.20 beta 15 released

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just uploaded this onto vaz-synths.com, there are fixes for Slope modules and improvements to the Slope, Smooth and Random S modules. I've mostly pushed this out to allow some experimental changes regarding UAC to be tested. There are 2 new registry values which can be set in the key HKLM/SOFTWARE/VAZ/Modular (i.e. where the ApplicationDir value already is): AppDataDir and UserDataDir. On 64-bit this is HKLM/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/VAZ/Modular.

On Windows 7 / Vista set:
AppDataDir = C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\VAZ Synths\VAZ Modular
UserDataDir = C:\Users\Martin\Documents

(Change Martin to your own username)

Then copy VazMod.ini and VazMod.vzb into the AppDataDir.

I'd be really interested to hear how this goes with Live 8 and Cubase 5(.5) running with normal privileges. FYI with a version of VazMod.exe containing a UAC-aware manifest I've had it running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Martin
Last edited by MadGav on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm curious what advantages this brings to the way it currently runs under Windows 7 x64 ? It all seems to work here already ??

Hi Koala,

It's basically for hosts that are UAC-aware and so require hosted plugins to play nicely with registry and filesystem access.

Martin

Just tried it out, appears to be working fine in Live 8. One note, I didn't have VazMod.vzb anywhere on my hard drive, but VAZMod created it in the AppDataDir once I had set everything else up.

Post-beta, will the reg strings be created by the installer?

Hi Shamann,

What OS / bits were you running on?

I'll quite possibly hard code it to some extent and certainly get the installer to sort things out.

Martin

Sorry, meant to include that. System is Win7 Pro x64, CPU is Intel Core i7, Live is version 8.13.

Return to “VAZ Synths”