patch load crash bug in vaz plus 2

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just discovered the following behaviour - patches that are saved with 'save sequence' ticked will crash reaper (version 3.63 in vista 32 bit) if they are loaded without 'load sequence' ticked. if 'load sequence' is ticked everything is fine. been getting seemingly random crashes over the last few weeks and have finally found what was causing it tonight! i have tested it quite extensively and it consistently produces a crash for me under the conditions described - reaper just disappears from the desktop.

OK, I'll test this.

Martin

Do you get any error message when the crash occurs?

Martin

hi Martin, i don't get any error messages from reaper - it just disappears from the desktop but here is one of the crash logs from windows event viewer - hope it's useful

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-07-15T22:55:55.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1707</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>my-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>reaper.exe</Data>
<Data>3.6.3.0</Data>
<Data>4c1edc29</Data>
<Data>VAZPlusCore.dll</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>2a425e19</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>000a5672</Data>
<Data>f94</Data>
<Data>01cb24709a2960e8</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

So does this still occur with the 2.10 alphas?

Martin

i don't get any crashes but there is still some weird behaviour - if you load the patch SH-101 Arp Bleep without the 'Load sequences' option ticked there will be no sound from the plugin at all. you have to go back in and reload the patch with 'Load sequences' ticked to hear it. similarly, it will not let you hear the patch as you are browsing through patches with 'Audition' ticked. no crashes so far though ;)

Fix for this will be in the next release.

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”