ugh - horrible distortion with cubase 5.5 (fixed)

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit - everything is totally fixed now. I suppose I'll leave this in, just in case someone encounters similar issues, and perhaps hasn't dealt with windows plug in issues in awhile (don't know how much has to do with using a virtual machine).

What was causing the horrible distortion was using the asio full duplex driver. I changed to the low latency driver, and all was well. There was an additional setting in Live that made a huge difference, which was that I had to uncheck something like 'Asio host takes control of port config'.

This is looking good now.

Now on to the next obstacle. I installed Cubase 5.5, and while Vaz runs without crashing (so I put this in another thread - seems like a different issue that the other one?) - the sound is not even close to usable. I haven't used windows for music in a long, long time, and I'm totally new to windows 7.

It looks to me like (in the vst plug-in asio control panel) - that the default buffer size is 2048 samples. I tried that and 512, but to no avail. I read in the other thread about running as admin (I'm not sure how I tell, but I only installed on user, and as far as I know I'm an admin - I'll have to try and check...and also disabling UAD, or whatever it is - I'm not sure how to do that either.

I really didn't want to spend all weekend on this....

I'm using 64 bit windows 7, 32 bit cubase 5.5, and latest vaz download (grabbed it today).

(note - I see that I can choose to 'run as administrator'. That didn't help.)

I should also mention, since this is a new thread - that I'm running this in VMware Fusion on a mac. The standalone Vaz runs very well.

Note - sound seems fine in Bidule. So, it's just in Cubase thus far where I'm having this issue....hmmm, but the problem in Bidule is that the timing (playing the sequencer without any sync) is glitching. I couldn't find a setting that made a difference.

Same distortion in Live 8.

Return to “VAZ Synths”