vaz modular on mac/parallels and windows 7

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Crossover Games + JackWASIO instructions are in this thread.

btw drool I've sent out your serial. To get MIDI between OS X and a Windows VM maybe a cross-platform network MIDI driver installed in both would work? Crossover gives better latency with JackWASIO though and can directly use the OS X IAC MIDI driver.

Martin[/url]

MadGav wrote:The Crossover Games + JackWASIO instructions are in this thread.

btw drool I've sent out your serial. To get MIDI between OS X and a Windows VM maybe a cross-platform network MIDI driver installed in both would work? Crossover gives better latency with JackWASIO though and can directly use the OS X IAC MIDI driver.

Martin[/url]
I'll try crossover with the iac driver. But I was finding lousy timing simply using the vaz sequencer in crossover. Maybe I'm not understanding you...

oh - but I never found how to stop the shut down crash in crossover...

droolmaster0 wrote:oh - but I never found how to stop the shut down crash in crossover...
Is that happening with the latest 3.2 beta release?

Martin

MadGav wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:oh - but I never found how to stop the shut down crash in crossover...
Is that happening with the latest 3.2 beta release?

Martin
oh that's right - I'm simply losing track with all of these different installs I'm trying. I didn't install the new version - but at this point, I've spent the whole day installing stuff and getting this to work within Fusion...I'm not sure that I have the will to go on.

Do you think that there is a reasonable chance that everything I have (cubase, live, and a number of plug-ins) will all run well in crossover? Fusion seems like the best option to me right now.

Why aren't you using the Mac versions of Cubase and Live? I would have expected to find a DAW running in OS X then a lightweight host in Fusion/Crossover. VazMod can host VSTis in the mixer btw.

Martin

MadGav wrote:Why aren't you using the Mac versions of Cubase and Live? I would have expected to find a DAW running in OS X then a lightweight host in Fusion/Crossover. VazMod can host VSTis in the mixer btw.

Martin
You're right - for the most part I'm going to be using these on the mac. I was thinking though that some of the time I might want to use vaz in conjunction with another softsynth or 2, and in that case it might be nice to have them all in the same environment.

I suppose that in the clear light of day, the issues with Crossover and vaz would be: I was having big timing issues in crossover simply using the vaz sequencer. But - if I can actually fix that, and use the iac driver, that would be very good, even worth buying it in addition to Fusion.

I was not able to install it in crossover. How do you do it? I can't get it to recognize Vaz at all - the installer didn't do anything, and it won't recognize it if I just move it to its application directory.

Edit - missed a step in the install, so now it's working, but I haven't been able to get the iac driver to successfully send it midi...plus it seems rather unstable.

Unstable how exactly?

MadGav wrote:Unstable how exactly?
Crashed once. Another time I got an access violation.

Return to “VAZ Synths”