Buchla 200e sequence

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watching this clip has had me thinking about how to achieve something similar in VM. The sequence steps forward a number of steps then repeats the previous 3, 4 or 5 steps then advances another few steps and so on. I'm sure it must be possible with VM, but I don't know how. Any thoughts/ideas any one?

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Hi Mart,

The 250e ARF does that multiple looping thing using the knob and a couple of buttons and stage number displays in the middle of the module i.e. a letterbox UI. Not sure exactly the same could be put together in VazMod but hooking up multiple pulse steppers and pulse dividers might be interesting?

Martin

ARF-alike: for each step of a sequencer have "jump to" (1-16) and "jump count" (0-15).

Another idea: have external control of sequencer start and end steps, and an end step pulse out. The out triggers another sequencer which has rows patched to start and end step. So the 2nd sequencer forms 16 sub-sequences.

Martin

Thanks for the tips/pointers Martin. I too had been thinking of some concoction using pulse steppers and dividers but haven't quite got my head round it yet. Your second idea using external control sounds promising though - I'm gonna have another play around...

Cheers,
Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Return to “VAZ Synths”