the polyor/ voicegate modules?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just wondering if anyone can help me with practical examples of how and when to use the polyor and voice gate modules - theyre the last modules i dont really have a use for, as i dont fully understand how to use them.

ps - and the 'trigger free' option in the arp options..?

thanks.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

well, worked out the trigger-free option myself, and its a nice addition to the arp.

no takers on the others? sometimes i feel im the last hardcore vaz-ite around....

Hi!

:) Here you have another hardcore vaz-ite! But I don't know about those modules...sorry!

What is that trigger-thing? Can I use it to make the arp hold? That's a feature I really want.

Cheers,
Kire

to make the arp hold, go to the sequencer menu and either use the dropdown menu, or hit ctrl-h

the trigger-free option is best used when you are either playing keyboard, or using a host - it means that the arp pattern restarts whenever a key is pressed, rather than always cycling.

Voice Gate: This is a module to help with the dynamic processing of synth voices.

With a "conventional" patch you can simply connect the envelope controlling the final amplifier to Hint on the Master Controls and turn on Dynamic on the polyphony popup. Now when the envelope closes the voice will stop being processed.

Voice Gate is kind of like using a noise gate instead of the envelope above. A trigger from a CV Converter into Trig opens the gate, then when the signal into Input becomes quiet it will close. Run that into Hint and it will cause the synth voice to stop being processed once sound has died away.

One use could be for a patch which "rings" i.e. chiff into a comb filter with lots of feedback.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful!

Martin

PolyOr: Basically intended to provide a simultaneous trigger across all voices of a patch. So maybe a single high velocity note could cause an effect on all voices of a patch? Or the help file example of the first note pressed resetting an LFO in every voice.

Thank you Martin!

Now I got thousands of new patchideas! :)

Cheers!

mojogigolo wrote:to make the arp hold, go to the sequencer menu and either use the dropdown menu, or hit ctrl-h

the trigger-free option is best used when you are either playing keyboard, or using a host - it means that the arp pattern restarts whenever a key is pressed, rather than always cycling.
thank's! :)

hmm, thanks gav, will have a think about that and see what interesting stuff i could do with it...

as always - love your software - pure genius.

Return to “VAZ Synths”