Long time user wondering about VAZ roadmap

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I have been a user of VAZ modular for many years, since version 2. I changed over to using mac for all mu music work a few years ago, but kept my old PC just to run VAZ. I now use it as if it were an external synth, because I simply didn't want to be without it. Not using VAZ is not an option, I love it's sound and flexibility. I am glad to see that there are new developments happening with it.

I was wondering if there is ever likely to be a mac release so I can get rid of the old grey box in the corner.

Thanks.

You may be interested to know that the latest versions of VAZ Modular run well on Intel Macs using Crossover. I use it with Crossover Games and get very good results.

VazMod does indeed run fine in Crossover Games, but I've not been able to get WineAsio to work in recent releases, anyone had luck with this?

Ever is a long time, but I don't have sufficient time to develop for Mac at present (he types on his MacBook Pro...) :(

Crossover, I had never heard of it, so thanks for this info. It sounds like a great solution. Much easier than running a separate computer. Thank you.

I'm now using CodeWeaver's CrossOver "Standard" to run the VAZ Modular demo! :D

(I'm on an iMac C2D @ 3.06 GHz running Snow Leopard, 10.6.4.)

Here's what I did:

(1) Using the CrossOver Software Installer (or go to the menus, Configure-->Install Software), scroll down to "Unsupported Applications" and select "Other Application."

(2) Then, under "Select an Installer" below that, select "Choose Installer File" and find the VAZ .exe installer file.

(3) Install into a new "bottle."

(4) The usual Windows installer process is performed. :D (I didn't change ANY settings there -- just shoot straight through it.)

(5) Once the installation is complete, choose "Done." (Obviously)

(6) You can now run the program from either its CrossOver finder window, or go to the "Programs" menu and you'll see the folder for VAZ. :tu:

Now, before you launch the app, go to CrossOver's "Configure-->Manage Bottles" and select the bottle into which you installed VAZ.

Go to the "Control Panel" tab on the right and launch "Wine Configuration." This opens the typical Windows control panel.

Go to the "Audio" tab and select the "CoreAudio Driver." Apply!

You're almost ready. I prefer to run my MIDI controllers through USB, so all I need to do is launch the VAZ program, go to VAZ's "Options" menu, select "Preferences," and go to the "Audio" tab.

I find that I get better performance using the MME player instead of DirectSound (be sure to lower the latency -- I can get down to 21ms, which is totally UNnoticeable but stuttering appears after that at 44.1kHz). Apply the change, and I'm all set! :wheee:

Return to “VAZ Synths”