Resolution of external/internal controllers

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations on making what, to me, is the best sounding computer-based synth program by a very wide margin. I don't know how you've done it, but VazMod is a real instrument amongst an ocean of plastic-sounding toys.. I will be a very proud owner of your product soon :-)

I have one question/suggestion..

Try as I might, I've been unable to externally control VazMod parameters with more than 7 bits of resolution. This produces a very clear stepping sound when altering most parameters. So firstly, is there any way around this without resorting to the slew limiter, which is kind of a kludge for something like this..

Secondly, internal modulators also suffer, to a lesser extent, from stepping. For instance, if I have a K filter in self-oscillation, with the frequency modulated very slightly by an LFO, the stepping is very audible. A slew limiter doesn't smooth this out, either.

So I was wondering if there were any plans on the horizon to increase the resolution of external and internal controllers, thus making an amazing product even better... :D

Return to “VAZ Synths”