Vaz plus automation crashing reaper and podium

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

its great to see a vaz forum here! but sad i have to make my first post in it a bug report :?

i am using vaz plus in vista (with service pack 1 installed) and i have found that arming its parameters in both reaper (i have tried various version 3 builds) and podium (version 2.24) results in a crash very soon after - usually when i close and reopen the gui or sometimes the instant i arm the parameter. has anyone else found this?

thanks, d_a_d

meant to add that this is vaz plus 2 (the latest version 2.02). anyone else feeling my pain? i realise this is a relatively old plugin that was probably mostly coded pre-vista so perhaps it's something that is not easily fixed?

Hi Dad I will try to reproduce this with reaper on xp. Vaz plus needs a maintenance release to fix help on vista and 7 anyway ;)

Martin

MadGav wrote:Hi Dad I will try to reproduce this with reaper on xp. Vaz plus needs a maintenance release to fix help on vista and 7 anyway ;)

Martin
8) vazplus is still one of my favorites
Nobody's a nobody...

MadGav wrote:Hi Dad I will try to reproduce this with reaper on xp. Vaz plus needs a maintenance release to fix help on vista and 7 anyway ;)

Martin
Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. would be great to get it working :wink:

Hi Martin, have you found time to check this out? cheers ;)

do_androids_dream wrote:Hi Martin, have you found time to check this out? cheers ;)
Sorry very short of time at the moment, not sure when I will get to it.

Martin

Hi Do,

Was wondering if MIDI control of sliders also crashes? Most of the code path for that is the same...

Martin

MadGav wrote:Hi Do,

Was wondering if MIDI control of sliders also crashes? Most of the code path for that is the same...
I'll just pitch in here. I've experienced crashes with vaz+ in Podium that I'm pretty sure are related to MIDI control of sliders.

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

i experience crashes using both vst parameter automation and midi cc control (using reapers piano roll). i don't experience crashes assigning a slider to a midi controller (not sure if thats what you meant)

So live control from ie a midi keyboard is fine but sequencing ccs is not?

Martin

MadGav wrote:So live control from ie a midi keyboard is fine but sequencing ccs is not?

Martin
yes. i just carried out a quick test in reaper (ver. 3.31) and live control using the slider on my CME m-key works fine. if i then use the slider to record either vst parameter automation or midi cc information i get a crash within a minute or two. the crash usually happens when i close vaz's gui or when i reopen it. sometimes it will crash reaper simply on playback.

FYI just reproduced this on XP sp3, Reaper 2.148, VAZ Plus 2.02. Control of cutoff with a sequenced MIDI CC caused a crash when I closed the editor window.

Martin

thats exactly what i have been experiencing. if this is fixed i will be forever grateful... :)

hi martin, hope you don't mind - just a gentle nudge... any progress? ;)

Return to “VAZ Synths”