Envelope shape in Vaz Modular

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it be possible for the envelope shape to be made variable? The current ADSR is good but I do think the attack curve seems to have too low an asymptote in comparison to the point the decay comes in, ie. the final parts of the curve are a little too flat.

The multistage envelope module has variable shape from lin to exp so is it possible to get a shape closer to what you want with that? Then those settings could be taken to add a shape variation to the basic adsr. Btw that was tweaked to match my Odyssey aeons ago...

Martin

Martin,

I tried it with the Multistage and it does seem to be better. Although, I could be imagining it, it's all pretty subtle stuff this.

I like the Odyssey, but I must admit I have always found its EGs slightly lacking in the oomph department. I have never looked into why but I have one in at the moment so I may just have a tinker.

We're playing with software generated envelopes for a new product at the moment and it's interesting to hear the slight differences between variations in attack slope - especially on those 10mS to 100mS attack times. For longer times and very short times it's not so important. I'm leaning towards an asymptote that is some 1.5 times as high as the point in which the decay phase comes in.

Might be worth a play.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I've just uploaded 3.20 beta 13 to the website which has a new option to set a less curved envelope attack shape, asymptote about 1.5 x the decay switching point as you suggested. Both the Envelope and Super Envelope modules have the option, click Opt to get to it.

Martin

MadGav wrote:I've just uploaded 3.20 beta 13 to the website which has a new option to set a less curved envelope attack shape, asymptote about 1.5 x the decay switching point as you suggested.
I finally had the time to install this and try it out.

What can I say?

Awesome. Thank you. :hail:

Return to “VAZ Synths”