Vaz feature requests

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V-GER wrote: Could a backup bank format native to Vaz Modular be made, a kind of zip file for banks that would include samples and dlls/other plugins and everything used in the patches made so it would load from within the archive file, Martin? Ideally with an option to extract plugins and samples/other non Vaz M data to folders of choice along with extracting the bank into a "proper" Vaz M bank pointing to the newly extracted data. This would futureproof stuff, as long as people can keep track of any serials and other relevant things pertaining to archived data (not really any concern of Martin, just a reminder to those who might mess up those kind of things...).
Funny, as I read olepro's post above I was thinking of the exact same thing, a "save as self-contained project" (including .TUN files) for easy backup/portability. Reason and AudioMulch have that as an option, and Reaper has a similar "copy/move media" function.

Vaz does allready know to ask for missing samples, so asking for a plugin should be the same thing, correct me if i'm wrong :)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote:i have to roll back from vers 2.1 as it crashes very often.
But i it's quite random when and why i happends !?
I can go from one patch to another and it shuts down, i open it and does the same thing and nothing happends ??
Others having instablity problems ?
Any chance you can mail me some patches which this regularly happens with? Is the crash when loading patches or randomly when playing them?

Martin

Hi Martin

I've had this problem for a loong time actually, but i think vers. 2.1 has somehow become even more unstable.
What i have noticed is that this (i think) allway happens with patches that has samples in them.
But i just can't say when it goes wrong, but it's allways when browsing (never when playing)
The funny think is that i can restart Vaz2010 after a crash and do the same browsing with no problems !?
Could it be a memory thing ?
could i just repeat the problem i could send you the patches, but i can't.
I know it's not much help, but when i have some more time i will try to investigate some more

My computer is a Dell dual core Pentium laptop with win xp.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

olepro wrote:this (i think) allway happens with patches that has samples in them.
But i just can't say when it goes wrong, but it's allways when browsing (never when playing)
I'm hopeful that I've already fixed this for the next release, which I'm aiming to be out this week.

Martin

Ohh.. that's nice to hear Martin :-)
Så you did find something strange ?

Regards
Ole
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

olepro wrote:One thing i really really mis is that Vaz 2010/Modular don't ask me for the plugin if i by acciden have placed it in another folder, which can easely happen when moving to another PC.
Will be in the next releases of Modular and 2010.

Martin

This is great Martin, looking forward to that as i moved to a new PC with a more simple setup.

Will you implement it like a vst scanning feature as in other hosts ?
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Hi martin

While we're at it
I don't know if it is intended or it's a bug but, if i save a patch with insert fx the fx is not saved unless i do a "save as".
If i open a patch with insert fx and update it with just "save" the insert fx is gone next time i open it.
So i allways have to save it with the "save as" dialog, find the patch in it's folder and overwrite to keep the insert fx.

It has been like this for a long time but i just got used to do the "save as" but now where you are in a updating fase :) ...it came to my mind
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

V-GER wrote:Also: the voice gate module is nice, can we have a stereo version please? Using a mixer to feed both channels into it for a hint when setting the polyphony to dynamic seems such a waste.
Have updated the Voice Gate module to be stereo for the next release.

Martin

MadGav wrote:
V-GER wrote:Also: the voice gate module is nice, can we have a stereo version please? Using a mixer to feed both channels into it for a hint when setting the polyphony to dynamic seems such a waste.
Have updated the Voice Gate module to be stereo for the next release.

Martin
:tu:

Some more requests, I've tried to keep it (relatively) moderate (but probably failing miserably)..

One pole allpass filters, added as option in the Filter Rs if there's room for any more options... Non resonant small ones similar to the one-pole filter allready there could also be helpful, perhaps the middle position of the mode switch could be allpass?

Reverse versions of the Glitch modules, or simply a reverse swith - whichever would work best if it can be done. Modulation of playback direction for the glitches would be even better, but there's probably a ton of challenges with that.

Any chance for supporting 32-bit wavetables? It's a bit cumbersome to modify some of them for use with Vaz, and ending up with more folders and versions of them than seems nescessary.

A 4-input version of the flexible 3-input mixer with added choice for negative or positive phase for each input, would make for a lot of pretty much instantly available flexibility when patching togeter structures based on feedback and cross-feedback.

A similar 2-input version for modulatable positive or negative feedback in simpler structures.

Trigger signal combiners/mixers, simple little things in versions with 2 or more inputs. Sort of like a gate logic module in «or» mode, just more compact and without any need for toggling a swith in the smallest and obviously with more inputs for the others... I imagine up to 8 or 16 inputs would be useful.

Simple mixers without volume adjustment or anything fancy, just inputs and an output - possibly a little red light that kicks in if clipping occurs. 2-input versions and some like 4, 6 and 8-input versions. A 3-input version could also come in handy. With these other mixers can have their outputs combined so we could for instance get a 16-input mixer by combining two 8-input mixers using two 2-input whatever-this-mixer-will-be-called-if-it's-brought-into-excistence's. And offcourse for combining signals when no adjustment of levels are nescessary etc. Would any special mode be required to use them for combining modulation signals?

Would make me (and hopefully others) happy to se any of this implemented. Keep up the good work! :tu:

Loading of 32-bit samples is already done and waiting for the next release.

Martin

MadGav wrote:Loading of 32-bit samples is already done and waiting for the next release.

Martin
Yes! :wheee:

V-GER wrote:Trigger signal combiners/mixers, simple little things in versions with 2 or more inputs. Sort of like a gate logic module in «or» mode, just more compact and without any need for toggling a swith in the smallest and obviously with more inputs for the others... I imagine up to 8 or 16 inputs would be useful.
Use the MinMax modules. If the inputs are all trigger/gate signals then the Max will be a logical OR, Min will be a logical AND.

(For anyone with a Euro format modular the Doepfer min/max modules can be used this way...)

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”