Vaz feature requests

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know there is at least one other feature request thread for the Vaz synths somewhere on KVR, however I thought it would be appropriate to voice here.

My #1 = improved pattern chain editor. I would really like a graphical (as opposed to drop down values) one that would show the length relationships (prolly would look like a spreadsheet on first glance) between synths. Does that make any sense? I would pay to have this update. Seriously! :)
Bachmaninoff

A hold-function for the arp would be great!

Kire wrote:A hold-function for the arp would be great!
A simple hold function exists on the menu and a sustain pedal or equivalent midi can be used. Would be handy to have it out on the UI though!

Martin

How about an 'export schematic' function that creates for the current patch, an SVG (or similar) document which provides a graphical schematic of the patch (kind of like the 'builder' view in Tassman, but nicer).

This would be useful to understand the component structure at a glance and an archivable document for later reference.

Even just the ability to export the patch in an XML format of sorts, and then I could create the diagram myself, or maybe a description of the patch file format ?

Probably not of interest to anyone apart from me, but I thought I'd mention it.

#1 channel strip naming in Mixer View

the synth name as the default name at the top or bottom of the channel strip it is located in in the Mixer? AND / OR being able to name a channel strip in the Mixer view.

#2 modulating VAZ FX in Vaz Modular

the ability to assign a module as a modulator to the delay time, delay rate, FX mix, etc...to FX parameters of VAZ FX or even VST plug-in parameters
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

MadGav wrote:
Kire wrote:A hold-function for the arp would be great!
A simple hold function exists on the menu and a sustain pedal or equivalent midi can be used. Would be handy to have it out on the UI though!

Martin
the HOLD function is a drop down menu option in Vaz 2010 but is not available in VAZ Modular, at least not that I can find..??
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

would be nice to have a toggle to switch lfo's to a "ultra" slow mode. Close to minute range cycles.
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

some of these feature requests relate to things that you can/ can almost do already -

the hold function is on the sequencer menu - open the note input window and its on a dropdown (or ctrl-H). Its not available from the main view of the synth, but i find if you assign a midi control to the polyphony handling (where you pick mono/ poly/ unison), when you change setting (ie a quick flick from mono to poly, then back) it releases the held notes, and the next ones you input will hold.

the comb filter is modulatable, so can replicate most delay based effects. Feed it through a 2 way mixer with the dry signal, and you can then modulate wet/ dry.

If you want ultra slow lfo, use a time synced lfo, then turn the BPM on it right down (unsync it from master tempo first). set to cycle at 256 beats, when its playing at 1 bpm, thats... (maths fail).. ultra slow.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

I would love a test tone-style oscillator. One that isn't polyphonic, and has a 20Hz to 20kHz range knob. Don't know if that's possible in the way that Vaz does things, but it would definitely be a great addition.

thank so much for the tips :) These are great...perhaps a "tips & tricks" section would be nice to have in the forum?

mojogigolo wrote:some of these feature requests relate to things that you can/ can almost do already -

the hold function is on the sequencer menu - open the note input window and its on a dropdown (or ctrl-H). Its not available from the main view of the synth, but i find if you assign a midi control to the polyphony handling (where you pick mono/ poly/ unison), when you change setting (ie a quick flick from mono to poly, then back) it releases the held notes, and the next ones you input will hold.

the comb filter is modulatable, so can replicate most delay based effects. Feed it through a 2 way mixer with the dry signal, and you can then modulate wet/ dry.

If you want ultra slow lfo, use a time synced lfo, then turn the BPM on it right down (unsync it from master tempo first). set to cycle at 256 beats, when its playing at 1 bpm, thats... (maths fail).. ultra slow.
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

re test tone - get a sine oscillator, hook its pitch input to a fixed value pitch module, and set the pitch module to the desired note/ frequency. make sure the cv module is set to solo, or unison, with one voice set.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

I've done that. As I can remember it, the range isn't broad enough, due to the way the octave staging is done.

[edit] Actually, testing it out just now, the range is okay when the octave is set to 4' (5Hz to 11kHz). Still, it requires three modules to do (oscillator, fixed value, slew limiter to negate stepping). Would be lovely to have one that had full range and built in lag on the frequency parameter.

would be a nice option to have...
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

VAZ absolutely needs preset bank within given structure, even been able to make morphs between presets. In live situation if you change preset (even with same structure), VAz rebuilds synth from scratch, it could instead modulate params. WIth this, if you're careful programmer, even 8 knobs, might give you some mindblowing animation. Look GForce Minimonsta for tips.

would be nice to be able to gang together mixer channels
James Johnson wrote:would be a nice option to have...
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

Return to “VAZ Synths”