Workflow of VazPlus 2 and 2010

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Might be my imagination, but the workflow of the little noise maker seems to be a little faster, specifically there is no vaz mixer to work with and the vazplus preset management plays better with my host as I can switch presets via the host.

I am considering jumping on board the Vaz Ship; as I instantly knew this was one of the best sounding synths during my first demo. One thing I noted using the demo, I seem to get a lot more done in the little noise maker (vazplus).

Which leads me to my questions: What's the mixer used for, when my host already has? What has more presets between the 2010 and the plus? What workflow advantages are there in the 2010 over the plus? Or come to think of it, anything else Vaz2010 related that you could go on and on about :)

Thanks in advance, James

Hi James,

I'll try to answer all the questions below...

Mixer: If you set the channel and master levels to 0db you can shut the mixer window and ignore it if you just want to use 1 synth. The intended use of the mixer is for multi-timbral setups, layering, adding effects...

Patch browsing: you're essentially right, patch browsing isn't the best part of the synths.

2010 vs Plus: The 2010 synth engine has quite a few extra features, in particular more filter modes (Types D, K and R, Comb), the ability to use LFO1 as a 3rd oscillator, stereo panning and poly unison, and a load more modulation options.

Martin

Missed a point: 2010 has more patches because it can load all Plus patches in addition to it's own.

Martin

MadGav wrote:Hi James,

Mixer: If you set the channel and master levels to 0db you can shut the mixer window and ignore it if you just want to use 1 synth. The intended use of the mixer is for multi-timbral setups, layering, adding effects...
So I could create my own drum patches and be able to midi trigger multiple patches somehow layering them using the mixer all running only one instance of vaz2010?

What about applying the step sequencer to individual patches all while running one instance?

What does adding effects refer to; adding multiple effects to one [atch or adding multiple effects to multiple patches?

Thanks, James

sunhome wrote:So I could create my own drum patches and be able to midi trigger multiple patches somehow layering them using the mixer all running only one instance of vaz2010?
Yes, although 2010 doesn't support key splits so you'd need to put each sound on a different MIDI channel.
sunhome wrote:What about applying the step sequencer to individual patches all while running one instance?
Each synth has it's own step sequencer so no problem.
sunhome wrote:What does adding effects refer to; adding multiple effects to one [atch or adding multiple effects to multiple patches?
There are insert points on each channel, so each synth can have it's own effect, in fact effects because there is an effect chainer effect. Then there are 2 sends and pre- and post-fader inserts on the master out. One other "special" effect is Sub-Output which feeds the 3 other stereo output pairs.

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”