Any plans for making VAZ Modular x64?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hate to sound cynical, but it's pretty clear that VAZ is mostly dead. There was a time I recommended it every chance I got, but to be honest, there are too many issues with it that have been ignored over the years. Sad really, because I think if a 64 bit version that had an updated UI and preset system, were to be released, it would rule. I think too many people are just put off by that 1992 UI. It really is a gem though. RIP VAZ.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I discovered a new modular from Softube going for $75 and it looks real! Not sure if its as functional as VAZ but there are some YouTube vids available. www.softube.com

lol

Now that the Softube Modular has been released I wanted to bring up this topic once more. I would really love to see Vaz Molular in a 64-bit version. Are the tools needed to make this happen super super expensive or might a Kickstarter campaign from users perhaps manage to raise enough funds to make this viable?

Also... the upside of Brexit perhaps means that Madgav might be able to start up sales once more?

Or am I just as they say, beating a dead dog?

Sorry... just speaking as someone who really loves his Vaz Synths. :oops:

Sequent wrote:Or am I just as they say, beating a dead dog?
I'm afraid you are right with this.. :(
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Hard to believe its been around for 20 years now! VAZ Mod wouldn't need the gaudy visual of Softube just something with a slightly more realistic look and some more functions that would come with 64-bit. I prefer its cleaner easy to use platform. Sorry to see it go the way of Seer Systems Reality. I popped $400 for that only to have them abandon it a couple years later. :dog:

sraymar wrote: some more functions that would come with 64-bit
like what?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
sraymar wrote: some more functions that would come with 64-bit
like what?
Can't say, that's for developers. Maybe a holoroom full of modules. 8)

Sequent wrote:Now that the Softube Modular has been released I wanted to bring up this topic once more. I would really love to see Vaz Molular in a 64-bit version. Are the tools needed to make this happen super super expensive or might a Kickstarter campaign from users perhaps manage to raise enough funds to make this viable?

Also... the upside of Brexit perhaps means that Madgav might be able to start up sales once more?

Or am I just as they say, beating a dead dog?

Sorry... just speaking as someone who really loves his Vaz Synths. :oops:
Crowd funding isn't a bad idea. For me Vaz Modular is the holy grail of my big studio. In my opinion Vaz is still lightyears ahead of the soft synth competition in reproducing vintage synth sounds. Yamaha CS 80, ARPs, Moogs, Prophet, Oberheim, even the mighty Yamaha GX 1.... Wow did a mention the smooth strings and choirs of the Roland VP-330? Vaz always delivers analog smoothness and bite! I've made sounds that people can't believe is software.

I have been in contact with Martin during the years, always very helpful and kind. I would be glad to donate a large amount of money to be able to use Vaz even in the future! I really can't be without it! Let's say 64 bit and as a bonus Mac AU :)

Proud and lucky Vaz Modular owner for many, many years,

Erik Jansson,
Sweden

agree with Erik or even sell the project or make it open source if Mad is not interested in Vaz anymore
Last edited by toitoi on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

great piece of software. I also hope it doesn't go down the drain.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

So.. I'm still enjoying the sound of Vaz in 2018 (with Jbridge, works great with StudioOne. And no windows 128 bit on the horizon yet.. That kinda makes Vaz future proof for us :-) Hope that everything is alright with you Martin and thank you for your amazing synth!

Perhaps its time for VAZ synths to be available at www.vstplanet.com and www.vst4free.com.

I just managed to get VAZ working again on my Mac using Crossover. So now I’m back to using it again in 2020. It’s been over 5 years since I’ve used it, but lockdown gave me the time to figure it out. BLOWN AWAY about how it still sounds. I had vaguely been thinking that other software had probably caught it up sonically. It still sounds so amazing, and I still love the patching interface. So happy it’s working!!

Martin wrote on here something that he had great success getting it running at very low latency on a Mac. I forget what method he used though.

Return to “VAZ Synths”