The "Modes"

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Just for curiosity, is anyone aware of the "Modes" options?

Though I have not considered other documentation, as far as I am able to ascertain, there is no mention of this "option" for vRoom.

Velocity-sensitive Mode
Velocity-sensitive mode is global to both sliders and knobs.
1.png
Enabling of this mode – via a Right-Click, is local to the selected slider or knob and therefore, each slider or knob can have independent Velocity-sensitive mode settings. With Velocity-sensitive mode disabled, a "left-click-and-drag" on a slider or knob produces a quick response to the movement of that slider or knob.

However, with Velocity-sensitive mode enabled, a "left-click-and-drag" on a slider or a knob produces a much slower response to the movement of that slider or knob.
The Velocity-sensitive mode settings are not saved with a preset and are lost when the plug-in is closed.

Rotary Mode
This mode is local to knobs and cannot be disabled.
2.png
There are four Rotary mode settings, "Use circular dragging", "Use left-right dragging", "Use up-down dragging", and "Use left-right/up-down dragging". The default Rotary mode setting is "Use up-down dragging".

The Rotary mode settings are local to the selected knob and therefore, each knob can have independent Rotary mode settings.
The Rotary mode settings are not saved with a preset and are lost when the plug-in is closed.

Please see attached...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello,

Anyone care to comment?

They're purely to do with the response of the UI elements, I believe.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The Velocity-sensitive modes, and rotary modes, are part of the Juce framework. These may go away in the Valhalla plugins in the future, as the same right-hand mouse functionality may be needed to implement the "three fingered salute" for automation in Pro Tools.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”