ValhallaExistentialCrisis

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valhallasound wrote:
dangayle wrote:
chuckwood wrote:You're referring to it as "hypothetical", does that mean it's still nowhere near completion?
Just curious, not meaning to sound pushy, it's done when it's done right? :)
Please don't tell me this will be another Zebra 3 thread…
I don't track Urs' stuff that closely, so the reference goes over my head.
A new version that is “on its way”, but that fans have been waiting for years, I think.

Sean, in your opinion, what is lacking in currently available tape delays? What do you think can be done to offer something truly innovative in a new Tape delay?

Thank you!

perpetual3 wrote:Sean, in your opinion, what is lacking in currently available tape delays? What do you think can be done to offer something truly innovative in a new Tape delay?

Thank you!
Hopefully the hypothetical plugin will answer that question. :D

But I’m having an existential crisis waiting for the hypothetical plugin. Without analytical discourse deconstructing the geneology of tape delay, exposing the metaphysical roots of space and time, and the praxis thereof, I may very well be stuck within the möbius, where time becomes a loop.

:wheee:

perpetual3 wrote:But I’m having an existential crisis waiting for the hypothetical plugin. Without analytical discourse deconstructing the geneology of tape delay, exposing the metaphysical roots of space and time, and the praxis thereof, I may very well be stuck within the möbius, where time becomes a loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ggV-m9hmA

ontol wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:But I’m having an existential crisis waiting for the hypothetical plugin. Without analytical discourse deconstructing the geneology of tape delay, exposing the metaphysical roots of space and time, and the praxis thereof, I may very well be stuck within the möbius, where time becomes a loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ggV-m9hmA
Prescription:

(1) Music: All things dub + ‘90s techno + psychedelic rock

(2) Instruments: Roland SH-101 with cheap delay

(3) Parties

(4) Philosophy

Dosage: massive

Warning: Possible side-effects include damage to sense of humor and social ostracism.
:ud:

perpetual3 wrote:But I’m having an existential crisis waiting for the hypothetical plugin.
While you are waiting, you can listen to some demos of the new plugin on Sean’s Soundcloud.

I just noticed the golden ratio demo. That’s awesome! I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool to find a delay plug-in that has this feature. It sounds awesome on the Strymon DIG.

SonicDimension wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:But I’m having an existential crisis waiting for the hypothetical plugin.
While you are waiting, you can listen to some demos of the new plugin on Sean’s Soundcloud.

I just noticed the golden ratio demo. That’s awesome! I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool to find a delay plug-in that has this feature. It sounds awesome on the Strymon DIG.
Sounds great!

SonicDimension wrote:

Any of the Moog Grandmother demos on my Soundcloud that have discrete delays are being run through the hypothetical plugin.

I'm hearing lovely saturation and crunchy goodness.

I've watched you post photos of old gear for years now?

I can't wait to for a hypothetical release of the hypothetical plugin that hypothetically I will purchase immediately on release.

That grandmother is just chunky.

I want one.

Those clips sound incredible Sean.

Do you have an idea or goal of when you'd like to bless us with it?

Love the video on the site as well.

valhallasound wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:

Any of the Moog Grandmother demos on my Soundcloud that have discrete delays are being run through the hypothetical plugin.
Are the ZDSP also actually the plugin?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:

Are the ZDSP also actually the plugin?
No, the Z-DSP examples are using the Z-DSP. Not a plugin. The hypothetical plugin is used in the playlist with the Moog Grandmother examples.

Will the hypothetical plugin have multiple (different) modes of UI interaction based on "styles" within the plugin?

Return to “Valhalla DSP”