ValhallaExistentialCrisis

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Call it Gotterdammerung and be done.
The german in me has to correct this, sorry. :P

The proper way to write it would be "Götterdämmerung" or if you can't do the funny letters with the points above them, then append an "e" afterwards like "Goetterdaemmerung". Otherwise it would sound really weird and make no sense.

I want a delay that is as easy to set as Ableton’s ping pong delay, but with better sound. I have a bunch of great sounding delays (Tekturon, Relayer, Echoboy, Modnetic), but I never feel that getting a simple delay out of them is as easy and good sounding as my DD3/DD5/Flashback/Echo Park delay pedals.

dangayle wrote:I want a delay that is as easy to set as Ableton’s ping pong delay, but with better sound. I have a bunch of great sounding delays (Tekturon, Relayer, Echoboy, Modnetic), but I never feel that getting a simple delay out of them is as easy and good sounding as my DD3/DD5/Flashback/Echo Park delay pedals.
What about Echoboy jr?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
dangayle wrote:I want a delay that is as easy to set as Ableton’s ping pong delay, but with better sound. I have a bunch of great sounding delays (Tekturon, Relayer, Echoboy, Modnetic), but I never feel that getting a simple delay out of them is as easy and good sounding as my DD3/DD5/Flashback/Echo Park delay pedals.
What about Echoboy jr?
I use that quite a bit, it’s really great sounding for colored delays.

Valhalla Berserker
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

dangayle wrote:
What about Echoboy jr?
I haven't used it, since I always defer to Echoboy. I only suggested it 'cause I thought it satisfied you criteria :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I haven't used it, since I always defer to Echoboy. I only suggested it 'cause I thought it satisfied you criteria :tu:
I dislike the older Soundtoys GUIs, so I don’t really use them all that much. The EchoBoy JR GUI is easier for sure, but sounds just as good. Not as configurable, but hey.

If Valhalla has a badass delay coming, I’m going to be so happy.

The Valhalla delay is going to become an instant classic. I can hardly wait!

shroom81 wrote:Valhalla Berserker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2pWsOqEzqI

dangayle wrote:
What about Echoboy jr?
I haven't used it, since I always defer to Echoboy. I only suggested it 'cause I thought it satisfied you criteria :tu:
I vasty prefer the Echoboy Jr. interface. I feel like Soundtoys nailed it with that one.

Since no one asked, my favorite delays:

- Roland RE-201. Amazing random modulation. At least on mine.
- Echoplex EP-3. See above, but more so.
- Electro-Harmonx Memory Man 1100-TT. Great sound, drive control, mod rate and depth, long enough delay to sync up to whatever tempo you desire. What's not to love?
- Boss DM-2W. As good sounding as my DM-2, but with the longer delay mode. Nails the "Setting Sun" breakdown mode.

Old school :) Seriously cool voice synthesis and infamous for the death of it's players :o

http://retrovolve.com/how-many-people-h ... me-killed/
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Nah, I figured it out.

Valhalla missed out on the year of Tape emulations and Sean is feeling sad and lonely and confused, went out and bought a canary yellow 1977 Honda Accord with only an 8-track player in it and drove all around the Puget Sound wondering “what have I done with my life, I missed my big chance to release a tape emulation and now everyone is going to think I’m a bandwagoner if I do that, and anyway, I missed my chance.”

So the truth is, he’s selling the business and going into the banana stand business. There’s always money in the banana stand.

dangayle wrote: So the truth is, he’s selling the business and going into the banana stand business. There’s always money in the banana stand.
Someone could have left me a note? :D

Looking forward to this new plugin! I'm a bit of a reverb/echo collector but all my dalliances with other brands inspire me to find new ways of using my Valhalla plugins. Also love the Valhalla design ethic and find them to be the best implementation of a scalable interface in any plugin (large bold fonts are readable even at smallest scales).

dangayle wrote:Nah, I figured it out.

Valhalla missed out on the year of Tape emulations and Sean is feeling sad and lonely and confused, went out and bought a canary yellow 1977 Honda Accord with only an 8-track player in it and drove all around the Puget Sound wondering “what have I done with my life, I missed my big chance to release a tape emulation and now everyone is going to think I’m a bandwagoner if I do that, and anyway, I missed my chance.”

So the truth is, he’s selling the business and going into the banana stand business. There’s always money in the banana stand.
That was pretty much my plan after college. Except instead of a canary yellow 1977 Accord, it was going to be an early 80s Datsun truck. Me and my friend were going to drive up and down the coast, eat deli sandwiches, and talk about the deli sandwiches.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”