Valhalla delay?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

dumbledog wrote: It just occurred to me that there doesn't really seem to be a real send-return mechanism in plugin-land -- that is, you can't send the delay taps out to, say, FabFilter's EQ, or even a hardware getup, before going back into the feedback loop. Or is there?
The send/returns of most DAWs can be set up for these sorts of feedback loops. Just make sure your wet/dry level is at 100% for your plugins. Putting a limiter or distortion in the feedback loop is also recommended, to avoid the amplitude growing out of bounds.

I made a topic a few days ago (about bbd delays) searching for a delay and got this link, will be waiting as I'm not 100% happy with whats already out there.

Nice to see a dm2w, if possible take a look at the mxr carboncopy (probably most popular among guitar players) and wayhuge aqua-puss (slapback king, said to be modified dm2) pedals too.

Just dropping by to say that I am already sold even the development hasn't started yet.
For the stats: my fav delay is the Space Echo (love that sound) so i would love to see THAT green as the GUI background color.

You can't have a space echo topic without mentioning these guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67OOERTOEo

Fingers crossed for zero latency...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Fingers crossed for zero latency...
It's gonna have some latency. It's a delay. :D

The wet/dry path, like all of the Valhalla plugins, will have zero latency. The minimum delay (of this purely hypothetical plugin) will be limited by the internal block processing size, which will be something like 32 or 64 samples. This is done to allow for SIMD processing wherever possible, and vectorization & unrolling of loops by the compiler. I do this in a lot of my plugins, in order to make things as efficient as possible. The only drawback is that super short delay lines for flanging aren't possible with this block size, but ValhallaSpaceModulator was designed to take care of flanging tasks.

valhallasound wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Fingers crossed for zero latency...
It's gonna have some latency. It's a delay. :D

The wet/dry path, like all of the Valhalla plugins, will have zero latency. The minimum delay (of this purely hypothetical plugin) will be limited by the internal block processing size, which will be something like 32 or 64 samples. This is done to allow for SIMD processing wherever possible, and vectorization & unrolling of loops by the compiler. I do this in a lot of my plugins, in order to make things as efficient as possible. The only drawback is that super short delay lines for flanging aren't possible with this block size, but ValhallaSpaceModulator was designed to take care of flanging tasks.
If the wet/dry path is zero latency then there's no problem (on this purely hypothetical plugin). Thanks!

I am sure some people might agree and some might disagree, as always, but setting the timing in ms (milli seconds) can be quite hard when you try to tempo sync the delay to the host. Some delays have Another way of displaying the tempo as (1/4, 1/8 or 1/8. dot, etc). I find that much easier to set the correct delay time. I hope any delay from Valhalla will have the later solution :)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

When I've heard people talk about stacking delays, I didn't realize this is what they meant!

I'm looking very forward to hearing what you do with these. Time to give Echoboy a run for it's money.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:When I've heard people talk about stacking delays, I didn't realize this is what they meant!
I figured that I needed ANOTHER BROKEN TAPE DELAY.

In all seriousness, the Korg Stage Echo is pretty awesome. Mechanically, it is in good shape - a bit of scratchiness in the feedback path, but it is otherwise solid. The tape inside of it is pretty beat up. Which is something worth analyzing. The dropouts of the tape cause some extreme changes to the feedback behavior. The Stage Echo has a compander, and I was thinking about how this would be affected by tape dropouts, before my head started hurting from trying to figure this out.

It is going to be superb, really looking forward to it.
dedication to flying

It looks like Soundtoys is trying to play in the Valhalla playground with Echoboy Jr. and it's pricing. I'm hoping the Valhalla Delay will be the Sgt. Pepper to their Pet Sounds (or maybe rather, the Pet Sounds to their Revolver - yeah, that).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:It looks like Soundtoys is trying to play in the Valhalla playground with Echoboy Jr. and it's pricing. I'm hoping the Valhalla Delay will be the Sgt. Pepper to their Pet Sounds (or maybe rather, the Pet Sounds to their Revolver - yeah, that).
Can I be Revolver? I WANNA BE REVOLVER.

I just saw EchoBoy Jr. was released. I'll try it out soon - it is in my SoundToys account. The GUI looks really nice - super well laid out.

valhallasound wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:It looks like Soundtoys is trying to play in the Valhalla playground with Echoboy Jr. and it's pricing. I'm hoping the Valhalla Delay will be the Sgt. Pepper to their Pet Sounds (or maybe rather, the Pet Sounds to their Revolver - yeah, that).
Can I be Revolver? I WANNA BE REVOLVER.

I just saw EchoBoy Jr. was released. I'll try it out soon - it is in my SoundToys account. The GUI looks really nice - super well laid out.
Fine, you can be Revolver. Gave it a quick go earlier, the UI is well laid out (mode knob is nice, particularly for mapping to a hardware controller) and it sounds like Echoboy but with some less features. Good product. You can do better. :wink:

Return to “Valhalla DSP”