Ubermod/ursa major space station...

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: I didn't mean to imply that I thought you were. I was just pointing out that Princeton Digital (and now Eventide) had a full on Space Station clone, but that I think it's just the algo's with nothing as deep as converter modelling. Wasn't trying to imply that I thought you were going to go that deep, or even should. Though in their case, they probably should have since they had made a full blown recreation of it (now, of course, that plugin is a decade old so it probably just isn't something that was even considered at the time).
This is an interesting point. Nowadays, if you put a GUI on a plugin that looks identical to the hardware, there is an expectation that it should SOUND like the hardware. The Space Station is one of those units where the A/D and D/A conversion would make a huge difference, as it only has 11 bits IIRC, and it is part of the feedback path of the reverb.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:The Space Station is one of those units where the A/D and D/A conversion would make a huge difference, as it only has 11 bits IIRC, and it is part of the feedback path of the reverb.
Hey Sean,
Is it possible for you to decimate the signal path of UM? (change the plugin's internal bit depth)
If not, would adding a simple decimator up-front approximate this behaviour?

Also, from the description you gave, I notice that it's necessary to create a feedback loop within the DAW. Some DAWs detect this and won't allow it, so wouldn't it be best to simply include a global feedback control in an update of UB?

When I was in the studio with Alan Moulder, I noticed that his SST got a bit of work. This is what piqued my interest in the Ursa Major, but the Eventide (Princeton) plugin is PT only. (BTW, he loves VR & UB!)

To the person who said Sean should create ValhallaSpaceStation... he already did in VR... Sulaco ;)

All the best,
Dax Liniere - producer | mixer | engineer - London

daxliniere wrote:To the person who said Sean should create ValhallaSpaceStation... he already did in VR... Sulaco ;)
:lol:

Any further thoughts on this, Sean?
Dax Liniere - producer | mixer | engineer - London

I am interesed too. The Ursa space station is greatly missed in the box. Is there any chance that Sean emulates It?

Bump! I've been lusting after this sort of thing for AGES and Valhalla are among the very few who have my full confidence to stick the landing on such an effort.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”