Post yer ValhallaVintageVerb presets (& preset requests) here!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you very much :tu:

Hello,
The attached presets were included in Tp3's rar file - which contained many duplicates and which have been checked and removed.

One contributor in particular is "Asdfrewq" who included presets from others and which have been checked and removed. The two remaining presets are not found anywhere else - at least as I have been able to ascertain.

VVV User has provided some presets that apparently have been ported over from vRoom.

There are a total of 12 contributors and 60 presets. The presets are sorted by contributor name.

A list of the current contributors are, AG, Asdfrewq, Beatworld, Bronto Scorpio, caulixtla, Cimbasso, Foonsark, Misc, Robert Szalapski, Sampleconstruct, Sean Costello and VVV User.

Note: It may be that some of the above presets came from the GearSlutz forum listing - and which I have uploaded previously here. I will not be confirming these duplications, but will be glad to hear from others regarding any that they do find. Justin Case - on GearSlutz, and Cimbasso - on KVR, are one and the same person, so I would expect that these presets would be identical.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello,
Cimbasso stated:
Fiddling around with some of the presets...
...just for interest, most of the links "were audio examples for presets which I don't have any more unfortunately".

Cimbasso was kind enough to provide me with his actual presets, which are, by-the-way, included in the latest KVR_vVerb_Listings.zip file. I am simply providing this rar file for completeness.

Thanks Cimbasso! Much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm wondering what approach / algorithm / settings would be recommended for the simple & clean room sound of Kraftwerk's "Man Machine" album.

I've chosen 'Spacelab' for an example, but really the production on any of the songs from the album would do.

Of all Kraftwerk albums, this one has my favorite production values, and a big part of that is the effective use of reverb on the synths. They sit very nicely in a space that never feels too obvious or washed out. Some of their other albums, the synths have a much 'drier' sound, but on this one, there's a sense of room-type space that for me is very effective.

Take 'spacelab' -- each lead synth has that comfortable sense of space to it -- not dry and 'up front', but not awash in obvious, sheeny, long-tail reverb, either. Just sitting in a clean space, almost a case of "felt not heard" where the natural synthesizer tone is the main thing heard, but yet it's not dry, either.

Thoughts? VVV settings? Any idea what Kraftewerk actually used? (I google'd it but only found tons of info on synths, not effects....)
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZXYnVBK0fY

Here is a pretty dark reverb that I tend to use quite a bit lately. I love the saturation of the Chaotic Hall algorithm.

Code: Select all

<ValhallaVintageVerb pluginVersion="1.7.1" presetName="Gloom Hall" Mix="0.5" PreDelay="0" Decay="0.55745857954025269" Size="1" Attack="0.5" BassMult="0.68400001525878906" BassXover="0.54335719347000122" HighShelf="0.5" HighFreq="0.5" EarlyDiffusion="1" LateDiffusion="1" ModRate="0.19200000166893005" ModDepth="0.30000001192092896" HighCut="0.59053885936737061" LowCut="0.059999998658895493" ColorMode="0.3333333432674408" ReverbMode="0.70833331346511841"/>

Hello,
Thanks for this...will check it out...

Does anyone have any VVV presets that emulate the EMT 250? Would rather not resort to buying more plugins... I read somewhere that the Sanctuary mode in VVV was modeled after the EMT 250... is it safe to assume that I can get close with the factory presets under the Sanctuary category?

Here is a classic, reversed reverb for VintageVerb:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... intageverb

Any chance you could actually share the preset? That's what this thread is for.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm Any chance you could actually share the preset? That's what this thread is for.
Absolutely, you can find different free Valhalla presets here from time to time:

[Mod edit: Link is no longer good.]

Enjoy!

SteveWZ wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:04 am
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm Any chance you could actually share the preset? That's what this thread is for.
Absolutely, you can find different free Valhalla presets here from time to time:

[Mod edit: Link is no longer good.]

Enjoy!
Thanks, these sound great.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”