FEATURE REQ for Architect: Better automation

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just started using Architect and I love it so far. However, I wonder whether it would be possible to improve automation in the following ways:

- visualize curvature value when dragging automation curve
- add ability to edit automation point, position and curvature values in the properties inspector and/or by right clicking
- add automation curve to patterns, in addition to step automation
- the above could be used as clips in FL Studio

- see how ableton live 10.1 allows to draw common automation steps and scale/skew automation

marcora wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:08 am - visualize curvature value when dragging automation curve
I was about to say that there should be a pop-up when dragging the nodes, and then I realise that you're talking about when you drag the shape of the curve. Yes, you're right, that does seem to be an omission. I'll add it.
- add ability to edit automation point, position and curvature values in the properties inspector and/or by right clicking
Yes, I concur, that would make it easier to compose specific curve shapes. I'll look into it.
- add automation curve to patterns, in addition to step automation
Absolutely: this one is already on the big list o' thing to do.
- the above could be used as clips in FL Studio
- see how ableton live 10.1 allows to draw common automation steps and scale/skew automation
Thanks for the suggestions: I'll take a look and see how these two deal with it. I'm assuming automation skew and scale is a new thing in Live 10; or at least, it's not something I've ever noticed in Ableton 9.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yes, it is new in Ableton 10.1 actually! Studio One also has pretty good scale/bend automation tools. But Ableton really nailed it in my opinion.

https://www.musictech.net/tutorials/abl ... live-10-1/

That's useful, thanks for link.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”