Feature Requests for Architect. Love Midi! Love Architect!!

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am wondering if I will continue upgrading Cubase.
My main reason for my interest in Cubase is the midi functionality
but if I find this two features int Architect I likely will stop spending money on it.

This is my Feature Request list for Architect I had mentioned earlier:

I would like to see something similar to Cubase Logical Editor, https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... cal+Editor
Transformer and Input Transformer https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... tranformer
That capability but easier to use if possible.

Graphical Midi List Editor with sorting and is fully editable. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +editor%22

My question is are these two features especially the first already in some form in Architect or are there plans to develop the first or both (soon?)?

Colin I hope you can reveal these plans.

The closest current thing to the Logical Editor is the pattern transform functions, which you can access by pressing the sigma icon to the left of the piano roll. It currently only does pretty basic functions, but transforms are easily extensible and so adding more Cubase-like Logical processes is a doddle. I've got a number of them already partially planned and/or under development.

And yes, MIDI graphical editor is on the roadmap. It'll go alongside the generic (non-step) based MIDI sequencer as another view into generic MIDI data editing.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Colin,

The Cubase Transformer, Input Transformer Logical Editor are powerful midi tools. There may be a way to make them easier to use? One thing I noticed that they are missing a way to set up midi round robin.

Glad :tu: that you already making some headway in that direction! Are they real-time midi transformers or midi editors manipulating midi data on a midi track?

In Cubase the Input Transformer is a rather special function that you can launch from the Inspector for each MIDI track. It's very similar to both the Logical Editor and the Transformer plug-in to use, but where the Logical Editor works offline (it edits the midi data on a midi track) and the Transformer plug-in transforms midi data in real time. The Input Transformer lets you selectively filter out or transform data coming from your various MIDI inputs before it's recorded.
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... s-audio-fx

How to Use the Input Transformer in Cubase | Q&A with Greg Ondo
youtube.com/watch?v=NMQGUJT4KCs

How to Use The Logical Editor in Cubase | Q&A with Greg Ondo
youtube.com/watch?v=zYg6CbyXfYw

More on Cubase input transformer "logical editor" midi
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... or%22+midi

Keep in mind Logical Editor and the Transformer look pretty much the same but have different functionality.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:13 am And yes, MIDI graphical editor is on the roadmap. It'll go alongside the generic (non-step) based MIDI sequencer as another view into generic MIDI data editing.
MIDI graphical list editor:
I have seen some midi list editors that have little or no editing so hope the Architect will be fully editable. :)

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 pm Glad that you already making some headway in that direction! Are they real-time midi transformers or midi editors manipulating midi data on a midi track?
I'm working on both of these: processing already recorded data and filtering "live" data too.
I have seen some midi list editors that have little or no editing so hope the Architect will be fully editable.
I think we're on the same page, then. Arc's MIDI list editor is to be as functional as a standard piano roll type MIDI editor: it's essentially a low-level view onto the same MIDI data. If you want to skip the piano roll and just compose entirely in the list, it's possible.

Thanks for the links, too. I haven't watched this latest batch of vids yet, but I've added them to my research notes for this topic.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

^^^
Very happy that we are on the same page. :)

Let me reiterate on the Midi List Editor:

"Filtering "live data" I would say manipulating live midi events/data as in the Transformers, if you don’t mind my terminology. And yea! Manipulate to your heart’s desire the midi on a track as in Logical Editor. What I would like to see is a lot of functionality in midi manipulation in an easy to use format. Is that asking a lot? :pray: If it's possible!

The List Editor in Cubase is very nice but do wonder if there is a better one available. Perhaps some drag and drop might me helpful?

I had not thought of composing directly on the Midi List Editor. I suppose if you can do that then you can edit the list as you wish. The added benefit it’s the graphical list can really be helpful however perhaps not all midi events need a graphical representation, but for me the more the better.

Check this out:
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1846& ... Wd60RgV3hM:

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 pm Glad that you already making some headway in that direction! Are they real-time midi transformers or midi editors manipulating midi data on a midi track?
I'm working on both of these: processing already recorded data and filtering "live" data too.
I have seen some midi list editors that have little or no editing so hope the Architect will be fully editable.
I think we're on the same page, then. Arc's MIDI list editor is to be as functional as a standard piano roll type MIDI editor: it's essentially a low-level view onto the same MIDI data. If you want to skip the piano roll and just compose entirely in the list, it's possible.

Thanks for the links, too. I haven't watched this latest batch of vids yet, but I've added them to my research notes for this topic.
If it takes input data from the pc keybopard that would be ace .
Is this forthcoming midi event editor the ( promised :D ) tracker style module ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

^^^
I know very little about trackers but it also came to my mind when colin wrote "just compose entirely in the list". Wow,Things are really moving along!

Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^
Comparison of MIDI editors and sequencers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... sequencers
search "list" and find the hosts with a with a list editor.

Colin just ignore all this if you do not find it useful.

^^^

Studio One request for a MIDI Event List
https://answers.presonus.com/3913/midi-event-list
radian wrote "MIDI event list with tracker-style editing and I wouldn't feel the need to rewire Renoise."
Looks like someone else had the same idea. :lol:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:14 pm Is this forthcoming midi event editor the ( promised :D ) tracker style module ?
No, two separate things. The MIDI editor is a "standard" (ie, non-step based) piano roll, whilst the tracker module is a text based pattern sequence: it works the current step-sequencers, only that instead of composing visually, you do so textually. Both components I'll be getting back to post 1.0 release.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:51 pm Colin just ignore all this if you do not find it useful.
No, it's fine, I've found them useful, thanks!

I know what trackers are , been using renoise for more than a decade :tu:
Keep up the good work Colin , time flies by , almost 1 year since the first beta release
Can't wait for the midi list , tracker module
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

OSC receive (and send) modules please?

Return to “Loomer”