Serious reaktor 6 bug , bringing architect down

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Initialise architect ,
Create a mixer and add an instance of reaktor 6
Create new ensemble , and drag in some modules ( doesn't matter if these are blocks or primary modules )
Now comes the strange part
When deleting the reaktor instance , and re-sinserting a new instance on the same track , it opens reaktor with the previous modules loaded .
Normaly you would be presented with a blank slate .
I think that the previous reaktor instance 'when deleted' never go released from memory and it just inserts a duplicate copy

Now with the new (fake ) instance , create a new ensbemble crashes reaktor and brings down architect
This only happens with architect
step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Woow , this happens with all plugins , deleting +inserting (on same track) just re-inserts the old copy .
And reaktor is pretty picky about this ( because in essence it's just an alias ) when initialising and causing archi. to crash
Even if you delete the whole track and re-insert the instance .
SO it's dsafe so say that the instance was never deleted
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Yes, that is a serious one. I think I know what's causing it though, so I'll get this behaviour changed for the next release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

...Yes, I was right. I've fixed this now.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

In studio one we can actually see which plugins are loaded , maybe that's a good idea to implement
Eyeball exchanging

I'll make a note of that, thanks.

Still having reaktor crashing ( and taking architect down ) when initialisng the patch .
I am not deleting the instance as described above
This mostly happens when I create a block patch ( modular framework ) that receives on multiplemidi channels , getting data from 2 monosequencers .
When I want to initialize reaktor ( the known architect issue of overlapping dialogue windows is still present ) ,
I need to bring up the reaktor window from the windows taskbar and press x , this brings up the reaktor dialogue asking me to initialise and crashes when I confirm .
Eyeball exchanging

Edit , the midi channels have nothing to do with it
Definitely an architect issue , just dragging blocks into an ensbemble and re-initialising reaktor causes a crash
This is because of the overlapping windows , in any other host the dialogue that asks to confirl the changes would appear in front of the vst .
In architect it appears behind reaktor , so in order to get to the dialogue I need to close the reaktor window.
But since the main reaktor windowhas lost focus ( the focus is now on the hidden dialogue window ) , I need to re-focus it by clicking on the taskbar window and press the close dialogue .
Now I am I presented with the confirmation and the resulting crash when pressing o.k.
Tested it in studio one , renoise and reaper , no crashes

I am just curious about all the overlapping windows , are the vsti's actually running inside architect or are they running in separate instances/sandboxes outside architect ?
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

No: plug-ins are running inside Architect.

I'll take a look at this issue as priority #1 tomorrow and see if I can get this fixed. I don't believe I have Reaktor 6, only 5, so I may not be able to reproduce this issue exactly. If that's the case, would you be happy to run a debug build on your machine so I can get some additional tracing?

EDIT: Actually, I'll try Reaktor Player first: that may be enough to reproduce the issue on my dev machine.

I also have reaktor 5.9 , it also crashes , I am on win 10
-load reaktor and create new ensemble
-set view to large
-go into reaktor edit mode and drop some modules
-choose file new ensemble ( reaktor is now unresposive because of lost focus because of the hidden menu )
In the taskbar you will see this

close reaktor from the taskbar by clicking the close window ( middle window )
-you will be presented by the confirmation dialogue , and crash when clicking no
-
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Ah great, thanks for the additional info. Should be able to reproduce, and hence fix, this issue tomorrow.

Looking forward to it
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:25 pm I also have reaktor 5.9 , it also crashes , I am on win 10
-load reaktor and create new ensemble
-set view to large
-go into reaktor edit mode and drop some modules
-choose file new ensemble ( reaktor is now unresposive because of lost focus because of the hidden menu )
Thanks for the detailed step-by-step instructions. I've manage to reproduce this issue for myself now.

Think I've got this sorted now, as well as some other issues with plug-in hosting on Windows.

Return to “Loomer”