midi type 0

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When recording multiple channels into a single midi recorder ,the file is of midi type 0
Is there a way to export as type 1 ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I thought it already did export as type 1 only? Either way, yes: I can add a dialog to choose MIDI file types 0 or 1 when you export these files.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

OK, just quickly checked this. I think you're correct, in that it's writing everything to a single track but calling it a type 1 MIDI file. I know that at one point I had discrete inlets into the MIDI Writer, so you could divvy a composition into tracks: I'll look over my development notes tomorrow and see about getting this put back in some fashion.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

No it's not a type 1 file , otherwise studio one /ableton and bitwig would separate the channels which they do not
The above mentioned hosts don't have the ability to separate channels in a type 0 file , they are just imported as one big messy file ( without a separation dialogue box )
Eyeball exchanging

Yeah, I'll get this fixed for the next release.

Just to be clear, Studio One actually does split Type 0 MIDI files by channel on import, just not the ones created by the Loomer beta.

Thanks for the additional info, LawrenceF. I think it's because I'm labelling them as Type 1 MIDI files, but only a exporting a single track chunk in the .mid file.

delete post
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Here lies the problem , when recording multiple channels into 1 midi recorder
Studio one can not separate the channels because it sees the file as a midi type 0 , while I think it is a type 1 file , maybe there is something in wrong in the midi header
Eyeball exchanging

LawrenceF wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:15 pm Just to be clear, Studio One actually does split Type 0 MIDI files by channel on import, just not the ones created by the Loomer beta.
No it does not , create a midi type 0 file by reaper and import it into studio one , it gives you no split option whatsoever .
Prove me wrong , and upload a midi type 0 file ( created by your program of choice )
Other studio one users have correctly imported the ( so called buggy ) file into motu dig. performer
And why are you following me in every thread ? :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

delete post
Eyeball exchanging

Here is a TYPE 0 midi file created in Reaper. Drag it in and see what happens. I've been using Studio One for ten years and I've certainly imported multiple Type 0 midi files into it over the years.
And why are you following me in every thread ?
I'm not. It's more that you're spreading bad information based on bad conclusions in multiple places and I'm trying to help you understand that your conclusion is simply wrong. Load the attached file and you'll see that.
test midi.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you; I've confirmed the bug is in my code, and will get the MIDI file export fixed for the next release.

Return to “Loomer”