Incoming midi , split channels

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At the moment I don't have a hardware sequencer ( 6 months untill my cirklon arrives )
But I was wondering , is there a way to direct incoming midi channels to certain plugins ?
Say I use the circklon first midi bus ( 16 channels )into my ancient edirol ua 25 which appears as the midi in module , and I want to direct the 16 channels to 16 different loaded vst instruments .
The set channel module doesn't really help here , since it just re-directs incoming midi .
And I see no option to set each plugin to a unique midi channel , which is what's needed.
Unless the set channel module also isolates/splits the incoming midi channels , see screenshot , then it's ok .
When I think about it , the set channel wil just assign a new midi channel to all incoming data ( all incoming channels ) , so that 's no go to .

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

o.k. so I just saw there is a 'get channel 'module :) , but I see no inlets or options to define, I.D. the channel to get .
Any info on how to use it to isolate incoming midi channels ?
Eyeball exchanging

You were on the right path. Use [get channel] to extract the channel number, then [MIDI switch 1 to N] to route to N different places. Basically something like this.

(This is a simplified version, as [get channel] will return undefined for MIDI messages that don't have a channel, such as sysex dumps. If you care about that, you'll need to route channel-less MIDI messages as you see fit.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

The easiest way of dealing with non-channelled MIDI messages is just place a "Coercion > to integer (scalar)" module after the [get channel]. That will let channel numbers through, but convert undefined to 0. Non-channelled MIDI messages will then be routed to the left switch outlet, channel 1 to the next, channel 2 to the next, etc. You'll need 17 outlets in total on the switch, then.

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Not really working over here , must be doing something wrong .
As an example I recorded a midi file , when mulitple channels are recorded into 1 midi file recorder , the saved file is a midi file type 0 ( three midi channels are used )
For this example , the midi file type 0 is the hardware sequencer
When loading the midi file into the midi file player , I want to extract midi channel 3 to be routed to the hardware out (labelled integra ) , and channels 1 and 2 to an internal vst instrument
In you r previous example you say use the get channel to extract the channel number , but how ?
The midi switch does not extract the wanted midi channel , it only gives invalid index

Wouldn't it be easier to just implement a midi channel switch on the 'get channel 'module ?
Eyeball exchanging

STOP the press , , the switch started counting from 0 , so it was the fourth output for midi channel 3
All good now
Stupid me
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”