press key prevents incoming midi

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another bug .unpacking incoming midi note
I am using my pc keyboard sending midi from host to architect ,so the Q key is midi note nr 60

If the incoming midi note ON equals60 , it should give a true value ( debug module is labeled THIS )
Yet nothing happens , if I delete the 'Q' keypress module ( which is totally unconnected in this structure ) it works .
SO the keypress module is in fact stealing incoming data ( don't know how else to say it ) , however the note off unpacks and reports fine
Here's the file

p..s. how can I go to my presets from within architect , reveal in explorer , this only works for the object pallette , not for the preset browser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

It all has to do with window focus
When unfocused, architect receives midi , when focussed the key module took over the incoming midi
Eyeball exchanging

Which leads me to another problem ( I gues you already know what I want to do )
Triggering the ipattern indexes depending on note keys
The output of the compare is either true of ralse , but these can not be used to control a switch ( which takes 0 or 1 )
Perhaps the data branch
correction

Eyeball exchanging

Bingo
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:51 am It all has to do with window focus
When unfocused, architect receives midi , when focussed the key module took over the incoming midi
That's correct, that is how it works. Essentially, the focused window will 'consume' the key press if it can use it; otherwise, it'll be passed to the host to deal with. Architect will only consume keys that are assigned to shortcuts, mapped to controllers, or used in keypress modules. So you'll want to avoid using key presses in Architect that you'd like the host to use.
The output of the compare is either true of ralse , but these can not be used to control a switch ( which takes 0 or 1 )
I see you've solved this, but you can convert between different types using the modules in the coercion folder. In your case, Coercion > to integer (scalar) will convert false to 0 and true to 1.
p..s. how can I go to my presets from within architect , reveal in explorer , this only works for the object pallette , not for the preset browser
You can right-click on the folder (on the left.) As for why you can't do it on the presets themselves... I've no idea! I think I just overlooked it. I'm working on preset browser changes at the moment, so I will add this in.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

This is what I have come up with and it works pretty good , incoming notes 60 to 69 are triggering the patterns , note 71 turns it off.
But I am wondering if there is any benefit of using separate true modules for each note , my example only uses one
Eyeball exchanging

Generally, the fewer modules the better, and even though modules like [true] are very efficient, it never hurts to reuse providing it doesn't complicate the layout too much.

You could replace the boilerplate with a map structure, and then use [is member] and [get element] to convert a MIDI note to a pattern id. Something like this:

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”