changing pattern index (data module ) always stops pattern

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I set the pattern to modulate , created a few subpatterns which are controlled by data modules into play pattern index
The patterns however always stop when switching index , resume is ticked on and tried different control actions
It seems that whenever a play pattern index is selected , one of the data modules into the play control is sending a 0 out o , altough the print module does not confirm it .
It seems that play pattern control is always reset , but what is causing this ?
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

This is some kind of solution, triggering the play pattern control when switching index
Eyeball exchanging

You need to (currently) also send a truthy value to the play inlet, which is what you are doing in that second screenshot, in order to launch another pattern via modulate.

I actually had a note about changing this behaviour because it felt wrong to me too, arguably a bug. I think your confusion here has confirmed that the current way is wrong. For the next release, I'll see about altering the way this works to what you were expecting to see, which I think is logically correct.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

(And unrelated to the issue you've reported, but may save you a few clicks in the future: the sequencer's have their own Channel property, if you don't want to faff around with [set channel] modules.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:32 pm (And unrelated to the issue you've reported, but may save you a few clicks in the future: the sequencer's have their own Channel property, if you don't want to faff around with [set channel] modules.)
I know that , but I prefer it this way :D
It gives you a direct overview of the used channels in structure view
PLus it overrides the pattern channels which is also handy for hot swapping patterns
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 pm I know that , but I prefer it this way :D
It gives you a direct overview of the used channels in structure view
PLus it overrides the pattern channels which is also handy for hot swapping patterns
Sounds good!

Return to “Loomer”