triiger pattern by host midi gate on

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a possibility to do this
I am using architect as a midi plugin , it receives midi dat from my host ( note and gate date ) and I want to use this to trigger/hold the pattern during a gate on .
As far as I see the only availbale midi input for patterns are for step recording
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yes: convert the MIDI to data using modules such as [unpack note on/off], and route this to the modulation inlets. I can post an example preset, if you'd like?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Well I am sure I have set the control action to gate > :ud:
But I am a bit confused which ouput of the unpacked note-on to use , since I only need a value of 0 and 1 ( gate on/off)
The stepsequencer contral action input doesn't accept the key in ( which is abviously a number bigger than 1),
A constant value of ! ddoesn't work either ( trigger by unpacked note key output)

There really should be a detailed manual about the inputs and which kind of signal they accept

Eyeball exchanging

bump
Eyeball exchanging

If you don't care about what note actually does the gating, connect any outlet from an [unpack noteon] to a [true], and any outlet from [unpack noteoff] to a [false]. Then connect both the [true] and [false] to the control modulation inlet. Any note-on will then send the true value; any note-off will send the false.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Stil not sure which input to control on the sequencer
There's a plethora of inputs , under modulation input , transport conduct ( set to modulate ) , control action( set to gate )
None work , the sequencer expects an integer or string
Here's a screenshot

Eyeball exchanging

The true, false modules don't output integer values , they should go into a data module
Still don't know which input to take , trying hard :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

I'll build you an example preset this morning.

Please find an example preset attached.

The sequencer's conduct is set to modulate so as to enable the control inlets. A note-on event will send a true to the gate control and start the sequence, whilst any note-off will send false and hence stop the sequence. As usual, the transport does need to be playing for the sequencer to actually do anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I see , pretty sure I also tried the modulate input but it didn't work
Thanks anyway

Edit , I think I found a bug ( and probably the reason why the gating didn't work for me on numerous occasions while trying it out )
If you untick ''pattern transport enabled'' and then again ON ,( or using two data modules ( 0,1,) it won't work anymore , the pattern play button stops blinking .
You need to do a global midi reset for it to work again .
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging

delete this post
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging

double post
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:35 pm Edit , I think I found a bug ( and probably the reason why the gating didn't work for me on numerous occasions while trying it out )
If you untick ''pattern transport enabled'' and then again ON ,( or using two data modules ( 0,1,) it won't work anymore , the pattern play button stops blinking .
You need to do a global midi reset for it to work again .
Yes, I've just confirmed this is a bug. Thanks for reporting: I'll see that it is fixed for the next release.

Great ,
Quick question , is there an easy way disable the pop up inventory list when pressing keys , while structure view is focussed ?
Eyeball exchanging

Yes: you can lock the graph with the padlock icon on the top right of the panel, or by pressing ctrl or cmd + E.

Return to “Loomer”