Architect on ARM/raspberry

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I read the beta thread this morning after learning about Architect. I found a mention of it while researching sequencer64 to run on a raspberry pi that I am building this weekend.

The idea is to build a box that is just a sequencer, but that I can attach a mouse and keyboard to for editing. The raspberry device I ordered from Blokas.io has midi din in and out, so it is a self contained midi unit.

Is it possible to cross compile juce projects on ARM?

I should have googled more here is a recent juce thread about cross compilation for pi3 that would save some time though I think you could also test by setting up a virtual machine running raspbian or something. I don’t have much hands on arm experience

https://forum.juce.com/t/crosscompile-t ... ry/31183/5

Yes, in general. Actually, parts of Architect were developed on a Pi because the memory model would better expose certain threading issues. Admittedly, I haven't entirely tested the GUI on the Pi for a long while though. I'm not opposed to a Pi release, but like all things, it's a balancing act between spending my development resources on whatever benefits users the most.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

cool. Final plug / vote is that i personally am looking for a really good cross platform piano roll editor. fL studio can be embedded as a vst in other vst hosts, but it is awkward, despite the fact that the piano roll is very ergonomic in fl studio. So while as a programmer the generative stuff is very attractive, being able to build sequencers using superior editing tools is also my big wish.

I am going to experiment with the ELK os which has just been open sourced. Architect would be perfect for this environment, is it yet possible to cross compile for arm / raspberry? Any interest in playing with the ELK sdk? It has a lot of good features.

I'm interested in this too, because if another scope creep distraction comes along to delay release of some sort of user library/initial set of devices then I will sell my prerelease version

The ELK sounds like an interesting project, so I'll definitely add it things to investigate, (although as, fairlyclose points out, it will have to be at some point down the line rather than in the immediate future.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”