Architect: pack note duration vs metronome timing

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I set the pack note object duration input to be proportional to the metronome interval?

For example if the metronome interval is set to 1 bar, what value would I use for duration to get a 1/8 note? My goal is to be able to vary the duration with a slider or knob, so a constant wouldn't work.

One way to do this is to create a macro containing a variety of tick constants, and then output one selected constant based on the position of a knob, and use this as the input to the pack note duration. If there's a better way please let me know.

I think that is probably the best way, as it's how I tend to do this; although if anyone has a better way, I'd love to hear it. My version basically has one constant array of all the tick durations, and then the slider sets the index for a [get element] module.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That's a better, more efficient idea, thanks. I haven't used [get element] yet, so this is a good opportunity to learn how to use it.

I'll post my macro if you struggle to get this working.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”