Architect (0.9.12 VSTi) - Plugin Scanner Crashes

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Here's a list of VST plugins I have installed (all x64) that crash Architect when scanning the plugin folders

If you're having trouble completing a scan, they are ones to watch out for - add more if you find them!

Ideally it would be great if we could get the scanner changed to deal with these :hihi:

(added to blacklist)
Ample Sound ABPL 2 Lite
Spitter (an audio routing plugin for FXPansion Geist)
Unfiltered Audio SpecOps + Sandman Pro (Dent 2 and Fault work, however!)

(not added to blacklist - repeatedly crashes Architect when scanning)
VeeSeeVST (the VST implementation of VCV Rack)

I am currently putting the finishing touches on an a new plug-in scanner. This launches an external process server which does the scanning, meaning that Architect can recover in cases where plug-ins would previously bring Architect down. I'm aiming to release a build with the new scanner this week.

Once I've got that out, I'll deal with cases where crashes still occur, as well as any other plug-in specific issues. In my experience though, the new plug-in scanner seems much better at coping with crashes so there is a decent chance your plug-in issues may have already been fixed.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

And just to clarify, your crashes are on Windows, I assume?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

n9research wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:03 pm Ideally it would be great if we could get the scanner changed to deal with these :hihi:
How's the plug-in scan working with the 0.10 scanner? Do these plug-ins scan and then load OK for you now? I'd ideally like to get all (or most, or at least some of!) the hosted plug-in issues fixed in the 0.10 releases.

I ran all my failing plugins through the 0.10.0 scanner and while most of them still get blacklisted, no crashes - that's great!

A few extra plugins that worked before now also get blacklisted, however:

(-as before-)
VeeSeeVSTRack
SpecOps
Sandman Pro
ABPL2

(-newly blacklisted-)
Ohm Force Symptohm
Izotope Trash 2
Izotope DDLY

Return to “Loomer”