Architect in relation to DAW piano roll

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i was wondering

in a traditional DAW, i am used to manually edit chords so they are humanized:
slightly modifying the start time and length of each notes of the chords for example.

what would be the best/easiest way to do this in Architect?

i think that increasing substantially the numbers of steps in the poly-seq would be one way.
what do you folks suggest?

vince

I like to the use the speed row to push things a little of the metre. Or if I'm feeling more patchy, a MIDI delay with a different small delay value per message.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

tnx Colin! :)

one thing i'd like to have:
being able to chose the numbers of steps for the bright/shaded divisions in a sequencer.
so if i was working in 6/4 i could color the sequencer alternatively every 6 steps for an easy visual reference.

Yes, that's a neat idea: I'll see what I can do.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

tnx colin!

a good workaround for the moment is to use the ruler at the top of the seq, then stretch it to how many rows i need.

then grab it and move it to the next section. :idea:

i wanted to do a quick project to see how i would get along with Architect, using a workflow similar to a traditional DAW.
we got along pretty good, i must say. :)

the project below was done entirely inside Architect.
mastering done in Cubase.
the only thing really i would like is to be able to switch tempo between bars using the ruler on top.
it was smooth sailing after i spent the time learning to navigate inside Architect. :tu:

i don't know about you folks, but i feel like having a large glass of milk right now! lol :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/user-197075446/clockwork-back

Last edited by moonmadness on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds great, and nothing revs my prog-gears more than seeing lots of signature changes in an arrangement!

Could you elaborate on what you mean by:
the only thing really i would like is to be able to switch tempo between bars using the ruler on top.
Thanks.

i seem to be able to switch to set tempo changes only and precisely on the bar, and not on bar 80.3 for example.
only whole numbers.

Right, yes, see what you mean, and yes, you're right. I can probably do something about that, although not immediately because it'd mean separating the way time-signatures and tempos are handled internally. I will look into it, though.

tnx collin!

there's absolutely no rush, afaic.
there's more than one way to skin a cat! ;)

but it's definitely on my wish list down the road. :)

Return to “Loomer”