Architect touch support on a surface pro

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've been trying Architect on out my surface pro and there's a few minor issues with touch - holding a touch doesn't do right click, and it's often difficult to grab or trigger things.
Also having an issue with vst interfaces coming up unusably small?
I'm guessing this is the last device you'd be aiming for, but it could be used as a pretty decent midi sequencer interface if it works out - I'll be keeping up with the beta's I think!
Thanks for doing something like this for windows - I've often been jealous of numerology on mac, but this is going to be great once it comes together!

Glad you brought this up.

I have 23" multi-touch monitor and am hoping the someone will make a midi controller for the multi-touch user. Perhaps even consider Architect as a midi controller.

Here is why I am requesting that Architect to be multi-touch capable and equally important to be multi-touch friendly. See my studio shot: www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2#p6718002

Yes, supporting this setup sounds like a good idea to me. Beta 0.11 will focus on interface issues, of which touch support comes under. I did a quick code review and there are a lot of places where I make assumptions true when using a mouse, but not true when using multi-touch. Simply fixing these will hopefully improve things a little. Beyond that, the main sticking point is me not having a multi-touch monitor. I'll see if I can acquire one! I can't see any reason who we don't aim for full multi-touch support throughout, though.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

+1 for me.
I just got a Lenovo Yoga for running Bitwig and Usine. It's pretty great but I wonder how difficult it would be to implement properly. I mean you really need to take into account left click / right click / middle mouse click / scroll Bitwig's solution is to have a radial for it. Usine is more about building an interface outside of touch that can be used primarily touch.
Given that Architect has the panel section that is really where the multi-touch focus needs to be.

Great news! I'll keep an eye out for beta .11! Thanks Colin!

I do like to use Xoxopad (stand-alone) https://feelyoursound.com/xotopad/ multi touch keyboard but even then I still prefer to use the mouse in it for certain functions. For me I prefer to use the multi-touch for real-time music creation but for editing and such I prefer to use the mouse. I hope that Architect adopts a friendly multi-touch.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Thu May 16, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have a surface pro you can have, Colin
i was using it to run pianoteq and Arturia piano on top of my digital piano, surface pro is a great tool for making music. Unfortunately windows 10 I hate

gminorcoles wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:58 am I have a surface pro you can have, Colin
i was using it to run pianoteq and Arturia piano on top of my digital piano, surface pro is a great tool for making music. Unfortunately windows 10 I hate
That'd be great. I haven't got around to tackling the multi-touch issues yet, but when I do, any help I can get would be much appreciated.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

+1 for touch support!

Even though it already works quite well, looking forward to improvements.

Multi-touch capable and friendly will be appreciated here.
Check my signature.

Return to “Loomer”