Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was hit pretty hard this winter as well. I feel for you Colin. Hope you get well soon.

Hi Colin- I thought I'd ask before I headed down the rabbit hole: would it be possible to send NRPN (CC98/99) with the current [pack controller] object?
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

You can, but you must use multiple calls to a [pack controller] to send each NRPN element separately. Because order is guaranteed, you needn't worry about other MIDI messages appearing in the middle of your NRPN message. I can make a NRPN macro, if you'd like to see an example of this?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks Colin! I'll give it a try myself, and if I come up stumped, I'll get back to you.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Hey Colin,
Curious how it's coming with the library. Have you moved on to working on that at the moment?

Cheers,
B

UmFuFu wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:21 am Hey Colin,
Curious how it's coming with the library. Have you moved on to working on that at the moment?

Cheers,
B
Exactly my question, too!

Partially, but I've been mainly working on finishing up the outstanding work for the 0.10 release, which adds an out-of-process (and therefore impossible to crash) plug-in scanner. Once that's out, then my main focus will be on the 0.11 release branch, which is primarily concerned with bolstering the library.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 am Partially, but I've been mainly working on finishing up the outstanding work for the 0.10 release, which adds an out-of-process (and therefore impossible to crash) plug-in scanner. Once that's out, then my main focus will be on the 0.11 release branch, which is primarily concerned with bolstering the library.
i'm lost...isn't 0.11 already out? i've installed it on both my systems.

The current public releases are the 0.9.x line, so you've probably got 0.9.11 installed.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 am The current public releases are the 0.9.x line, so you've probably got 0.9.11 installed.
:dog: :oops: i was totally going over the "9" :-D
thanks!

No problem: I did have to double-check that I hadn't butchered the version numbers in the last release, though!

I know version numbering can get confusing, but essentially bigger changes will see a bump in the second digit, whilst smaller changes - bug-fixes and smaller features - will bump the third digit. Working this way allows me to maintain a stable release branch into which I can quickly include bug fixes, whilst still developing new features in isolation.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:30 am No problem: I did have to double-check that I hadn't butchered the version numbers in the last release, though!

I know version numbering can get confusing, but essentially bigger changes will see a bump in the second digit, whilst smaller changes - bug-fixes and smaller features - will bump the third digit. Working this way allows me to maintain a stable release branch into which I can quickly include bug fixes, whilst still developing new features in isolation.
:tu:

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 am Partially, but I've been mainly working on finishing up the outstanding work for the 0.10 release, which adds an out-of-process (and therefore impossible to crash) plug-in scanner. Once that's out, then my main focus will be on the 0.11 release branch, which is primarily concerned with bolstering the library.
Got it. Looking forward thanks!

Hi Colin, would it be possible to get a minimum/maximum note range for "force to scale"? Thanks.

mannymang wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:25 am Hi Colin, would it be possible to get a minimum/maximum note range for "force to scale"? Thanks.
Do you mean in the sense of clamping notes outside the given minimum and maximum to these given limits? If so, that's easily doable: in fact, I believe I could do you a macro right now.

Return to “Loomer”