Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Architect 0.9.11 is now available for download here.

- (fix) Fix issue that could leave plug-ins hidden in the plug-in browser if the "Plug-ins" node was closed before upgrading to 0.9.10.
- (improvement) Vastly improved speed of searching and filtering in the plug-in browser.
- (new) Graph scrollbar positions are persisted and restored when moving into and out of macros.
- (fix) Long lines of text are no longer wrapped when displayed in the console output.
- (new) Arrays can now be used as keys in maps.
- (new) Columns in numeric and boolean table modules are now remote mapping destinations and can be changed with external controllers, etc.
- (improvement) Modules that generate random uniform int distributions no longer require the first argument to be less-than-or-equal-to the second. For example, both "0, 10" and "10, 0" will generate integers in the range [0, 10].
- (improvement) Numeric arrays now accept mixed numeric types (integer and float), rather than solely one or the other.
- (fix) [set element] could previously create heterogeneous arrays, which may end up crashing when sent to certain numeric processing modules.
- (fix) [build array] and [set element] will now display the types alongside the error message when an operation would create a heterogeneous array.
- (fix) [get data type] returns the correct name for signal types.
- (improvement) Locating a module in the graph (from the panel or console) will scroll the graph view to ensure the module is visible.
- (fix) [checkbox] module's panel properties are now visible.
- (improvement) A preset's filename is persisted when it is saved in a host project. Saving will now recall and reuse this filename, rather than displaying the "Save as" dialog.
- (improvement) The state of the folder list in the preset browser is now persisted, and previously opened folders will remain open.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

:tu: :tu: :tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:36 pm Architect 0.9.11 is now available for download here.
Thanks Colin! 8)

+ some more thanks!

Amazing work! Having a blast sequencing my Digitakt at the moment.

Quick bug report:
-Add a grid step sequencer.
-Open the sequencer's inspector panel.
-Under "Transport," drop the Speed to 0%.
-Turn the Speed up to any other value.

That sequencer is now dead until the transport is restarted (i.e. hit rewind and then play). It appears that the sequencer doesn't update it's speed until the end of each hit, so that would make sense.

Ah, yes, good catch: I didn't think of that. I'll add a fix to ensure that you can move on from a step with 0% speed, once I've thought through all the implications.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi all,
i always have trouble downloading from google drive.
It's slow and often download doesn't even start.
Can another download link be useful maybe?

Yes, can do. I'll look into alternate hosting getting forward.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:40 pm Yes, can do. I'll look into alternate hosting getting forward.
thx colin!

Any chance that we could get an option to setup where the User Library is? With all of the cross-platform compatibility (thanks!), I would want to keep all of my fragments and presets on Dropbox for easy access.

Here's my first fragment, Digitakt Sequencer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yd6wz6s0mg0yl ... .frag?dl=0

It's nothing too complicated, but it's a Grid Step Sequencer that's been customized to work immediately with Digitakt's 8 audio tracks (by setting the MIDI note outputs to C-2 through G-2). It would also work with the RYTM, but it would only target 8 of the 12 tracks.

I would also like to echo gentleclockdivider's request for a built-in probability row on the standard sequencers. Having Multiply, Divide, Speed, and Count out-of-the-box already makes the standard sequencers worth the price of admission, but adding probability would save a lot of patching. It would also be useful on the MIDI Process Arpeggiator.

Finally (and I apologize for bombarding you with an extended wish list on my second post), are there any plans on doing a chord progression sequencer? Numerology 4 has a really great one (1:07 in this video: https://vimeo.com/112662083), and in VCV Rack I frequently use one called Progress by Amalgamated Harmonics (https://github.com/jhoar/AmalgamatedHar ... i/Progress).

Hi Colin, is there a way to add custom scales? Thanks.

thelizard wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm Any chance that we could get an option to setup where the User Library is? With all of the cross-platform compatibility (thanks!), I would want to keep all of my fragments and presets on Dropbox for easy access.
Can do. Am I right in saying that to support your request, I just need to allow you to choose a customisable folder, and Dropbox will sync this automatically?
Finally (and I apologize for bombarding you with an extended wish list on my second post), are there any plans on doing a chord progression sequencer?
I started one that got never got finished when I realised that the poly-seq can do (most) of the same and didn't really have time to finish both. But yes, I'll return to this at some point. (Also, bombarding with feature requests if fine by me. It's good to know the direction people want Architect to go. I can't guarantee with absolute certainty that every request will get implemented, but it's no big difficulty for me to add them my feature requests list.)

mannymang wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 am Hi Colin, is there a way to add custom scales? Thanks.
Yes: show the custom scale dialog with the musical note icon in the top right of the interface (next to the audio pool, midi pool, etc.)

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 am
mannymang wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 am Hi Colin, is there a way to add custom scales? Thanks.
Yes: show the custom scale dialog with the musical note icon in the top right of the interface (next to the audio pool, midi pool, etc.)
Thanks, I have a database of around 400 scales in this format:
1 2 2 1 3 3,Double-Phrygian Hexatonic
Do you know a way to convert this to the .scale format?

mannymang wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:04 am Thanks, I have a database of around 400 scales in this format:
1 2 2 1 3 3,Double-Phrygian Hexatonic
Do you know a way to convert this to the .scale format?
Is that some standard format for scales? If so, and if the format is as trivial as it appears, I could (likely) add direct import support pretty easily in the next build.

Return to “Loomer”