Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mannymang wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:33 pmI'm pretty sure the MIDI file in the MIDI pool is just linked to the original local file.
I should have stared at the XML a little longer. There’s binary data there, but with my MIDI files so short it could easily be an alias. ‘Course the way to tell quickly is to make changes to the original and see if they’re reflected in the preset, which would be ideal.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:19 pm When you import a MIDI file into the pool, where does it go? It seems it's written into the preset XML file. So the pool is local to the preset? If you share a preset, then the MIDI is automatically available to the sharee?
That's correct, it's embedded in the preset XML.

(Audio files are saved as links to files in the audio pool and are not embedded.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:46 pm it would be great if the remap node would have a "Clamp" button in the inspector so we can simply remap something to 0-127 and don't have to worry that the output exceeds this - using a separate Clamp node feels messy in this case.
Someone else asked for this too, so I think it's a common concern. I may just ship a macro that clamps and limits.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I have a macro already, I just find atomic nodes that do too little annoying... :shrug:
If "obvious" combinations are unified into single nodes, the sheer number of nodes can be kept closer to sane levels.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

colin@loomer wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:07 pm Variable points envelope is on the roadmap: it's basically the automation curves in a module.

Could you clarify what you mean by the third item, "Switches with fixed positions"? Thanks.
Like faders or knobs with discrete positions...like waveform selectors for oscillators.

Thanks for the clarification.

You can already set the interval on rotaries and faders, which may give you what you need. For example, if you need 5 discrete values, set the range as 0 and 4 and the interval as 1 to give you possible outputs of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:17 pm Thanks for the clarification.

You can already set the interval on rotaries and faders, which may give you what you need. For example, if you need 5 discrete values, set the range as 0 and 4 and the interval as 1 to give you possible outputs of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
Thanks for the reply. It's exactly what i did for a SysEx message that has to be 1, 9, 17...etc. in steps of 8. I'd really like something a little bit more clear visually. Like an actual switch with discrete positions and some labeling for the different positions.
As for the Enevelope GUI widget should be one of a kind that gives different points values for its points and curve coefficients (linear, exp, log) for the segments curves. Maybe two arrays output like
[(point_1, x_value), (point_1, y_value), (point_2, x_value), (point_2, y_value),...(point_n, x_value), (point_n, y_value)]
and
[(segment_1, curve_type), (segment_2, curve_type),...(segment_n, curve_type)]

curve_type value should be someting like 0 linear -1.0..0 for log type and 0..1.0 for exponential type.
all values for point should be normalized to 0..1 for x axis and -1..1 for bipolar envs and 0..1 for unipolar envs.

...does it make any sense? :oops:

Hi Colin, the meters went full-tilt after sitting idle overnight. Upon pressing play, it worked ok, but the meters were frozen. Win 7. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:25 pm Another Friday beta is out. Architect 0.9.10 can be downloaded here.

- (new) Added new plug-in browser. Plug-ins can be searched, filtered, and sorted. Favourite plug-ins can be tagged. Plug-ins can be quickly added to the current track from the search window by pressing return...
I'm surely missing something but even after clearing/scanning again AUplugins, there's no more plugin accessible there...
What is the way to go?

note1: I kept three crash logs of Logic crashing while scanning, would you like to get it, and if so, where should I send it?
note2: I'm able to load/play a Project (Logic's file name) made with the previous version of Architect that using ACE (u-he ), without problem.

lalo wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 pm ...does it make any sense?
Yes, I think it does. I've added your notes to mine, and will consider them when I get that module developed.

mannymang wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:20 pm Hi Colin, the meters went full-tilt after sitting idle overnight. Upon pressing play, it worked ok, but the meters were frozen. Win 7. Thanks.
Noted. I'll see if I can reproduce. When you say idle, do you mean as in computer sleeping, or just sat there doing nothing?

nordickvr wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:14 pm I'm surely missing something but even after clearing/scanning again AUplugins, there's no more plugin accessible there...
What is the way to go?
Plug-ins should be listed in the palette to the left of the mixer, as they were before, only now they can be sorted, filtered, and searched. Are you saying you aren't seeing any plug-ins at all now?

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:48 am
mannymang wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:20 pm Hi Colin, the meters went full-tilt after sitting idle overnight. Upon pressing play, it worked ok, but the meters were frozen. Win 7. Thanks.
Noted. I'll see if I can reproduce. When you say idle, do you mean as in computer sleeping, or just sat there doing nothing?
Just sitting there doing nothing.

Great, thanks.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:50 am
Plug-ins should be listed in the palette to the left of the mixer, as they were before, only now they can be sorted, filtered, and searched. Are you saying you aren't seeing any plug-ins at all now?
Yes, exactly.
One more Q.
Black listed plugins aren't showed/listed (two in my case), isn't it?

Return to “Loomer”