Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Noted.
Thanks!

polarity-dnb wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:31 pm yea, sure :)
Hey Polarity! Good to see you around :-)
Seems like Architect is attracting a lot of Bitwig users - we're probably the perfect clientele for the modular approach here and Architect works just splendid in augmenting Bitwigs capabilities in the Midi realm... :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

yes, architect looks promising. im hyped :D
Polarity Music (youtube) berlin, fhain, germany

Bitwig crew represent 8)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:58 pmIs that somehow leveled by the fact that you often need tons of nodes for something you can do in a couple of lines in Lua?
Sorry to have opened a can of worms here. Take a look at the Great Computer Benchmark, or at least what I think it's morphed itself into:

https://benchmarksgame-team.pages.debia ... marksgame/

It used to be that you could show silly comparisons between any two languages, like C vs. Ruby, but you can at least compare C++ to Javascript (NodeJS) and then Lua to NodeJS. An example at random: the first benchmark that C++ completes in 3.73 seconds takes Lua 394.85 seconds, many orders of magnitude slower.

And with MIDI ticks running at 960ppqn in comparison to audio at 44.1Khz, at 120bpm, the "crude bandwidth" of MIDI is only 4% of an audio stream.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:32 pm
lickle_emu wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:24 pm Hi Colin, a hopefully simply request:

Would it be possible for newer versions of Architect to somehow install over the last version? (rather than having to manually select the chosen destination each time)
On Windows, you mean? If so, yes, that's already been asked for, so I'll deal it with when I start poking the installers.
Also, could you set it up so that users are able to manually select the folder in which presets etc. are stored?
I'll add it to the feature requests. I have a feeling this would be one of those things that I'd need to think carefully about for risk of breaking something else, but I'll certainly take a look.
Yes, I am on Windows. It is only a minor annoyance, but I would welcome the change.

Great, thanks. Would be helpful if it could be changed, but again, it isn't a deal-breaker.

Hallo, Colin! Is there still no option to buy Architect as a business owner with vat id? Could you provide us the E-Mail of the fastspring customer service so we can talk to them?

I know we're getting in max territory now , but I might just try
What about making the value of the slider/knob visible in the structure ( just like max/msp ), so we don't have to reach for the properties all the time

Oh Yeah , I can still not believe that 'Architect ' is the product of one individual .
Taking the depth of the program into acount , 5 years is peanuts :tu:

Edit : removed picture
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Soman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:00 pm Hallo, Colin! Is there still no option to buy Architect as a business owner with vat id? Could you provide us the E-Mail of the fastspring customer service so we can talk to them?
Hi yes, sorry, I thought I mentioned before. The Fastspring support chap (who, coincidentally, was a music producer and was aware of Architect.) mentioned that the VAT ID dialog appears at the end of the checkout.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 pm What about making the value of the slider/knob visible in the structure
Yes, it's doable, and I had considered it before. I'll see what I can do.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

EDIT: I think the transport needs to be running to use [is nth tick].

Greetings- I can say this:

Specifically, [is nth tick] returns Truthy when it's the 960th tick (ie, on the quarter note), and Falsy for odd-numbered eighth beats

But somehow I can't say this:

I'd think that I'd get Falsy when I dbl-click 7, and depending on whether things are 1 or 0-based, I'd get Truthy or Falsy when I dbl-clicked 4. I get Truthy every time I dbl-click.

I'm trying to use [is nth tick] outside the context of [get clock], essentially as an abbreviation of [modulo] plus a [branch]. How to do it?

Thanks!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Aha , so the make note object is actually polyphonic
I assigned my pc keys to the values that make up a minor chord ,all going into a single make note object
and was actually surprised I could play the chord .
Having a mechanical n-key roll over keyboard here , I wonder what he limit is
Eyeball exchanging

ImageUse computer keyboard to record into the sequencer

Anyway , a more streamlined feature would be welcome
Eyeball exchanging

cturner wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm EDIT: I think the transport needs to be running to use [is nth tick].
That's right. Maybe I should make the module icons reflect that?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 pm Anyway , a more streamlined feature would be welcome
Yes, maybe a way to scan the entire keyboard at once. Let me think about it.

Return to “Loomer”