Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

During the beta period you pay the discounted price of 105 GBP which is $140. If you are based in the EU add VAT.

Yes, that sounds about right, although obviously currency fluctuations come into play if your currency is anything other than GBP. And then if you are in a locale that requires VAT, that is added on, at your locale's rate. If you do think the currency conversions are playing up, PM your details and I'm run them through the store backend, Fastspring.

The coupon code is unrelated to the beta discount.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Apologies if this has been posted before in this thread -- for some reason, some of my plugins are being blacklisted, in particular Spec Ops by Unfiltered Audio. The other Unfiltered Audio plugins are fine, but that one is getting blacklisted. Is there a way of un-blacklisting?

EDIT: I installed the 32-bit version and it works, so that's good. For some reason the 64-bit and vst3 versions don't work.

Smapti wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am Apologies if this has been posted before in this thread -- for some reason, some of my plugins are being blacklisted, in particular Spec Ops by Unfiltered Audio. The other Unfiltered Audio plugins are fine, but that one is getting blacklisted. Is there a way of un-blacklisting?

EDIT: I installed the 32-bit version and it works, so that's good. For some reason the 64-bit and vst3 versions don't work.
It could be any number of things, so let me investigate. Unfiltered Audio are top people, though, so if there is an incompatibility, I'd be confident in raising the issue with them and getting it sorted.

Plug-ins are blacklisted if the scanner crashes whilst they are being scanned. In some cases, though, this isn't always the plug-in's fault: the plug-in that was scanned before could have corrupted memory in some way, leaving a trap that the following plug-in fell into. If that's the case, you can remove plug-ins from the blacklist (at the bottom of the Plug-ins preferences dialog. Either click on the [x] or highlight the offender and press delete) and then do a re-scan.

Let me know if that works for you, and if not I'll look more deeply into your specific case.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the quick reply! I tried that but the 64-bit and vst3 get blacklisted again. Since the 32-bit version works, though, for my purposes things are ok.

Overall though I'm really enjoying Loomer and I'll buy a licence soon!

Thanks, much appreciated. Could you let me know which version of Spec Ops and Windows you are using, and I'll see if I can witness the issue for myself. I have fixed a few VST3 hosting issues this week, and whilst I sincerely doubt they are the issue you are seeing, sometimes the dice does land in my favour and it'll turn out I've already nailed the issue. We shall see...

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm Thanks, much appreciated. Could you let me know which version of Spec Ops and Windows you are using, and I'll see if I can witness the issue for myself. I have fixed a few VST3 hosting issues this week, and whilst I sincerely doubt they are the issue you are seeing, sometimes the dice does land in my favour and it'll turn out I've already nailed the issue. We shall see...
Hi Colin, I think I sent you a SpecOps NFR, but let me know if it doesn't work. If it's a bug on our end, let me know if you have a rough idea of what's causing the issue and I can work on a fix.

I'm running Windows 10, version 1903 and Spec Ops version 1.1.

Thanks Smapti (and Michael.) I'll take a look at this issue today, then, and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Unfortunately I'm having another issue with something simple... probably I'm making a mistake somewhere. I'm trying to route MIDI from external devices into the graph but it isn't working. I know that MIDI is coming into Architect because I can see the indicators lighting up on the bottom right, and remote mappings work just fine. But when I hook up the output from a MIDI input in the graph (see the attached picture) I don't get any outputs. Do I need to unpack the events or something like that?

(Also, I turned off one of the external devices after choosing it under "source" and Windows crashed.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That patch itself looks fine to me. I think what you are seeing is a problem someone else had, in that currently, if a MIDI input is used as an input to the remote mappings and/or MIDI clock sync, then it can't also be used in the graph. As far as I know this problem in Windows only, it doesn't affect macOS or Linux.

Could you let me know if it makes a difference if the CP300-1 is used only on the graph?

If so, I must get this one fixed for the next update!

Ok thanks! In this patch the CP300-1 is used only on the graph; it isn't used in a remote mapping or in MIDI sync, but I still don't get an output.

I tried running all of my MIDI devices through MIDI input -- I have 3 of them -- and although none are used in a remote mapping or in MIDI clock sync, I'm still getting no output from any of them through the MIDI input. There seems to be something blocking all of my devices.

Thanks for the update, and I'm sorry you're still experiencing the problem. Could you send me your preset Xml file and the Architect.log file. You can either attach them to a forum post, or PM them to me, or by email to support at loomer.co.uk. Let me know if you need help locating either of these.

I may need to add further logging to diagnose exactly why this is happening on your machine, but the first steps to solving it will be to try your preset for myself, and inspect your program log.

Ok, sounds good -- I'll send you an email.

Hi Colin! I hope you're doing well?

[EDIT: Found some Channel Pressure messages in the offending file. Removing them cured my troubles.]

I've run across a mystery in an Architect patch, and wonder if you could offer a thought about what's wrong? In this first screenshot, I'm getting a "unexpected tuple length; expected 5-tuple" message:

tuple1.png

But given the flow of MIDI data, I'm really unclear where I've messed up my tuple count. The console shows that for the most part, I'm processing a 5-tuple:

tuple2.png

(Side question: when I see a warning in the console, does the succeeding [print] object print the data that caused the warning, or does the warning abort the print?)

If you had any thoughts about what I'm doing wrong here, I'd greatly appreciate hearing of them.

All the best, Charles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Return to “Loomer”