Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Colin, are we any closer to a release with presets?
Cheers.

Hez wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:43 pm On another note (just to be super irritating), are the plans for a looper module still on the table?
Cheers
It's never irritating to be reminded of requests; but yes, it's still planned (although in truth I've made little progress in that area simply because of other higher-priority development work.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm Hi Colin, are we any closer to a release with presets?
Cheers.
Yes: the next major (ie 0.11) release will be entirely based around library content and documentation.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm
Hez wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:43 pm On another note (just to be super irritating), are the plans for a looper module still on the table?
Cheers
It's never irritating to be reminded of requests; but yes, it's still planned (although in truth I've made little progress in that area simply because of other higher-priority development work.)
Where does one make Feature Requests for Architect.
Here or elsewhere or nowhere?

Either posting right here is fine, or start a new thread in this forum, if you'd prefer. Or you can PM me directly, or request stuff via email at support(at)loomer.co.uk.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm Hi Colin, are we any closer to a release with presets?
Cheers.
Yes: the next major (ie 0.11) release will be entirely based around library content and documentation.
I honestly can't wait for this!

lickle_emu wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:01 pm I honestly can't wait for this!
You and lots of others, it seems. I'm sorry getting there has taken so long, but seemingly all the things I added to the forthcoming release tended to be the sort that I assumed would take days, and ended up taking weeks!

colin@loomer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 am
lickle_emu wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:01 pm I honestly can't wait for this!
You and lots of others, it seems. I'm sorry getting there has taken so long, but seemingly all the things I added to the forthcoming release tended to be the sort that I assumed would take days, and ended up taking weeks!
No worries, Colin. I truly appreciate the great product that you have put out, and just how involved you are on these forums!

Out of interest, and maybe I am being a bit nosey here, but is this your full-time job?

lickle_emu wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:22 pm Out of interest, and maybe I am being a bit nosey here, but is this your full-time job?
Yes, it is indeed. (Occasionally I do other coding bits and bobs, but I think of them as a side-line, and this as my main work. But if anyone ever needs a developer who is really bad at estimating completion dates, I'm your man!)

colin@loomer wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:33 pm
lickle_emu wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:22 pm Out of interest, and maybe I am being a bit nosey here, but is this your full-time job?
Yes, it is indeed. (Occasionally I do other coding bits and bobs, but I think of them as a side-line, and this as my main work. But if anyone ever needs a developer who is really bad at estimating completion dates, I'm your man!)
That doesn't surprise me given how quick you tend to respond to questions asked here on the forum! I am really looking forward to seeing where your coding skills take this fantastic product, regardless of your ability to estimate completion dates :)

Thanks, much appreciated.

How many 0.x releases will we see before getting a first final 1.0 release and how many years will it take? I mean I don’t know if I‘ll have children by then and still have time for fiddling around with this... Well, at least it has been beta released during my lifetime. :tu:

I think 0.11.x will be the final beta releases, as it will cover everything I intended to get into version 1.0.

Soman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 pm How many 0.x releases will we see before getting a first final 1.0 release and how many years will it take? I mean I don’t know if I‘ll have children by then and still have time for fiddling around with this... Well, at least it has been beta released during my lifetime. :tu:
YOu sound verry disrespectfull
The beta already works wonderfull , and don't forget it has been years in the making .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks, but I didn't take offence at all. I think Soman had their tongue firmly in cheek when they said that, and I'd be the first to admit that sometimes my development pace is glacial.

Return to “Loomer”