Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on the factory bank, and it will be added to a forthcoming beta, but I don't currently have an eta. Thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Ah, great news thanks!

HI colin , Is there any chance that the step delay feature will be in the next update ?
I really love architect and use it all the time , but I often humanize the midi parts afterwards in my daw .
Please add step delay on the next upate , that would be KILLER
Keep up the fantastic work
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:32 pm Please add step delay on the next upate , that would be KILLER
Keep up the fantastic work
It's due for the next update. I can't 100% promise it'll make it: if a critical, show-stopping bug manifests in the interim, or if other development work gets in the way, then things may change. But it's coming.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Tappistry wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:15 am ... So maybe we'd be a little bit limited on external MIDI control for selecting random tracks?
Sorry I hadn't had a chance to really dive into this until now, but from what you are saying, then yes, it appears to be the case. I guess the alternative is to sequence the tracks in Arc directly, and then send MIDI note data to SD3, effectively treating SD3 as a sample device rather than sequencer.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am
Tappistry wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:15 am ... So maybe we'd be a little bit limited on external MIDI control for selecting random tracks?
Sorry I hadn't had a chance to really dive into this until now, but from what you are saying, then yes, it appears to be the case. I guess the alternative is to sequence the tracks in Arc directly, and then send MIDI note data to SD3, effectively treating SD3 as a sample device rather than sequencer.
So that could work. Technically, it’s both: a drum sampler with an integrated sequencer.

Not clear to me if Architect will be able to host VSTi midi fx. That is VST's with midi IN and Midi OUt. The Audio will be disabled? IIRC there may be some VSTi midi fx that require the audio to be active even though no audio is present. I have several VSTi midi effects that will be nice to be able to run inside Architect.

A few of the Homegrown midi fx are in Kontakt. Will Architect be able to host Kontakt with the audio disabled? I am asking this as I am considering getting the Midi Looper from HomeGrown Audio. https://www.kvraudio.com/product/midi-l ... own-sounds

Personally I would love to see Architect to be able to host Midi and Audio plugins in if there would no downside. But I can see that Bidule does this successfully. But will be almost as happy to see Architect able to host VSTi midi fx without audio.

Would like to know what has been decided.

Yes, you should be able to host MIDI-only VSTi plug-ins, although at the moment you'll need to route the MIDI output to another track, as it doesn't yet automatically pass the MIDI output from one plugin to the MIDI input of the next plugin. I'm addressing this as I deal with the AU MIDI FX support, which will make this process a little easier.

HI Colin , do you think it is possible to add a probability lane in the sequencers ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 pm HI Colin , do you think it is possible to add a probability lane in the sequencers ?
Definitely a +1 for this one!

Yes, I've been working on that, and a per-step delay too.

AWESOME :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Excellent news about the probability lane!

One totally minor documentation typo:
In the "geometric sequence" documentation, it says that each value is "difference" times larger, but the port is more intuitively named "ratio". Maybe that's just copied from the "arithmetic sequence" doc.

Documentation request:
For more esoteric parameters like 'alpha/beta' in "beta distribution" and 'mu/sigma' in "normal distribution", it would be great to have a suggested range to avoid accidentally blowing it up hahah.

Is there a way to duplicate-drag objects with the mouse? I'm used to alt-dragging to duplicate objects in environments like Max.

thelizard wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:46 pm One totally minor documentation typo:
In the "geometric sequence" documentation, it says that each value is "difference" times larger, but the port is more intuitively named "ratio". Maybe that's just copied from the "arithmetic sequence" doc.
Thanks! Yes, you caught me copying and pasting, I'm afraid.
Documentation request:
For more esoteric parameters like 'alpha/beta' in "beta distribution" and 'mu/sigma' in "normal distribution", it would be great to have a suggested range to avoid accidentally blowing it up hahah.
I'm looking into a few different ways of having the type and range information displayed for inlets, likely both in the reference window and in the pop-up tooltip too.
Is there a way to duplicate-drag objects with the mouse? I'm used to alt-dragging to duplicate objects in environments like Max.
You can right-click and duplicate, or press ctrl/cmd+d, but I've haven't added alt-duplicate, mainly because I wasn't aware of it! I'll add it to the request list, thanks.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:14 pm Okay, answering one of my own questions partially... Kontakt detected as having 64 outputs, but unlike 2-output synths I cant tap any of them as the input to another Track.
So it appears to be working here (albeit not tested with Kontakt, which I don't have installed). If I add a multi-output plug-in to a track then create a second track, in the second track I can tap the multi-channel output using the Audio Input panel.
How do you create a multi-channel output?

Return to “Loomer”