Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm Another quircky thing
I think this was a bug and I think I've just fixed it; but to be absolutely sure, could you send me the preset you used in the attached screenshot? And thanks for finding and reporting this.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:45 amOr you could use the clock modules to get the tick position and then some logic to send pattern numbers when the clock hits certain bars.
This was exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't work out how to achieve it (was looking for an easy way to unpack the current bar number so I could compare it and then fire one or more signals).

Any examples would be great.

colin@loomer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:18 am
I think this was a bug and I think I've just fixed it; but to be absolutely sure, could you send me the preset you used in the attached screenshot? And thanks for finding and reporting this.
Reason I found out was because of your gate example , which uses the play pattern index while the sequencer is triggered from another gate sequencer .
I deleted the sequencers and started played with the 'play pattern index ''
But here 's a another preset .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

koalaboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:05 am Any examples would be great.
Will do. Bit busy at the moment, but I will endeavour to get this done. Nag me again if it looks like I've forgotten!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:18 am
But here 's a another preset .
Thanks: I appreciate you taking the time to recreate the faulty patch.

The sequencer's conduct should be set to "Modulate", and you should send something to the right-most "play pattern control" inlet to actually start the pattern.

I'm debating whether this second step is actually conceptually correct - maybe a pattern should just launch when you set the pattern index? - but I'd need to remind myself in some depth why it works like this in the first place. Either way, it'll be sorted in the next build.

What is Architect able to create except of sequencers and arps, is there a video series anywhere? Didn´t find a website or more info about, thank you.

enCiphered wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 pm What is Architect able to create except of sequencers and arps, is there a video series anywhere? Didn´t find a website or more info about, thank you.
Whilst it is beta, it's very light on web-presence other than the download webpage.

In terms of what it can create, really, anything that processes or generates MIDI; as you mentioned, sequencers and arps, but also generative structures, humanisers, transposers, etc.

koalaboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:05 am This was exactly what I was looking for, but couldn't work out how to achieve it (was looking for an easy way to unpack the current bar number so I could compare it and then fire one or more signals).

Any examples would be great.
Quick and dirty, but it should suffice enough for you to iterate and improve upon. You may prefer to use a [is nth bar] module to actually work out if you're on a new bar, but I think the [data thinner]'ll do just fine. The sequencer itself is the [worker] module on the bottom left, whose conduct is set to "Modulate."

(Hope this works OK as I've only tested it with the latest internal build. There is a small chance that the public release, which you are on, has a bug that renders this broken. If so, let me know and I'll come up with a workaround...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bumping and a reminder for delay per step ( you asked me to do that :D
What 's new on the horizon ?
Eyeball exchanging

Thanks. I hadn't forgotten, but appreciate the reminder none-the-less.

I'm just finishing up the keyboard shortcut handling. It turned out to be one those things that I thought would take a day or two, and actually took a week or two (which, to be honest, is basically how everything always ends up!). If all goes well, I'll release an update this week, which has about twenty or so fixes and features added, including the aforementioned keyboard handling.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:10 pm Thanks. I hadn't forgotten, but appreciate the reminder none-the-less.

I'm just finishing up the keyboard shortcut handling. It turned out to be one those things that I thought would take a day or two, and actually took a week or two (which, to be honest, is basically how everything always ends up!). If all goes well, I'll release an update this week, which has about twenty or so fixes and features added, including the aforementioned keyboard handling.
You mean pc keyboards as entry for notes/ real time playing ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:23 pm You mean pc keyboards as entry for notes/ real time playing ?
That's in progress, but I probably won't have it done in time for this release. But it all does tie into the same changes that I've been making. By keyboard shortcuts, I mean performing certain functions with (re-definable) key pushes: CTRL + T to add a new mixer track, that sort of thing.

When I download a new preset it isn't always obvious which one is newest. The ability to list presets by date modified, in a vertical list, would be most welcome! I realize it's probably already on your todo list Colin, but here's another vote for this feature.

jcgam wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 am When I download a new preset it isn't always obvious which one is newest. The ability to list presets by date modified, in a vertical list, would be most welcome! I realize it's probably already on your todo list Colin, but here's another vote for this feature.
Thanks. Yes, I always did intend to do a sort by modification date, but I held off until someone actually requested it. Well you've said the magic words, so I'll get onto it.

Return to “Loomer”