Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moonmadness wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:48 pm i would love that!
that's really the only thing i am missing, from a music composition point of view.

maybe make it a clickable option that is disabled by default?
That exactly it. I'll see if I can polish it up and pull the feature into the next release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

oops!
double post
Last edited by moonmadness on Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:00 pm Staying in scale?! Maybe if I tried that more often, my compositions would sound better.
ah! :D

tnx colin!
when that is implemented then i could pretty much use a DAW only to mix a project.
though on my last project i composed and mixed inside Architect entirely.

but yeah, i want to do most, if not all, of the 'work' in Architect.
the flexibility of the sequencers inside Architect is mind-boggling and opens up a lot of doors. :)

Hi colin
The duration input of the stepsequencer don't make any sense to me
A data value of 8 gives me 1/2 , a value of 16 gives me a 1/32 timing
Could you explain it ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Solved it just start counting from
1,2,3,4 etccc for each available duraion
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:26 am 1,2,3,4 etccc for each available duraion
That's right. I'll make this clear in the docs, but see if I can also show the indices in the UI somewhere, too.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:28 pm And I got another crash , after saving an reloading architect just hang up on me >
Only legit software , in this case reaktor 6 , abl 3 and valhalla delay .
Out of interest, can you recall, did your first crash also happen after using Valhalla Delay?

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:59 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:28 pm And I got another crash , after saving an reloading architect just hang up on me >
Only legit software , in this case reaktor 6 , abl 3 and valhalla delay .
Out of interest, can you recall, did your first crash also happen after using Valhalla Delay?
Yes , it did
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm Yes , it did
Thank you; that confirmation has (perhaps) helped narrow it now.

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 am I've just put together a minimal example that I believe does what you ask. It's simply two sequencers, with a "controller" sequencer running a "worker" sequencer. There are a few comments in the graph, but if you need anything explained in more details, don't hesitate to ask.
There is something odd about this example
Since the controller sequencer is outputting values over the aax send ( 0 ,1s) as triggers
The multplication/division per step doesn't have any effect .
Just load your example and multpily each step of the control sequencer with 4 to make it last longer .
It doesn't really have any effect
Eyeball exchanging

Another quircky thing
Create a monosequencer , and a couple off patterns
Show 'play pattern index ''
If I send a data value to the input , it swicthes to the new pattern but never starts playing
Global transport play is on , or off ..doesn't really matter
Tried every possible conduct mode , no luck
When conduct is set to play , it switches to the new pattern but it never starts playing
When conduct is set to auto , the new patttern starts blinking , but no playing
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:54 pm Just load your example and multpily each step of the control sequencer with 4 to make it last longer .
It doesn't really have any effect
It should affect the rate that control steps are sent out, but won't change the length of the steps in the worker sequencer as they are two independent sequencers. If you also want to change the worker lengths, you'll need to modulate them also. (In theory, I may be able to add inlets and outlets that would make this simple, but I'd need to think carefully about it. Just an idea, though.)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:19 pm Another quircky thing
When conduct is set to play , it switches to the new pattern but it never starts playing
When conduct is set to auto , the new patttern starts blinking , but no playing
I'll look into this in just a minute.

Probably a stupid question (I don't really have much time to play) but is there a really simple graph that will make a sequencer play a certain patteern between (for example) bar 3 and bar 8 and another pattern between bar 12 and bar 15 *without using the timeline* ?

koalaboy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:25 am Probably a stupid question (I don't really have much time to play) but is there a really simple graph that will make a sequencer play a certain patteern between (for example) bar 3 and bar 8 and another pattern between bar 12 and bar 15 *without using the timeline* ?
It really depends on what you exactly need. You could use an aux sequencer that sounds out pattern numbers, and set the controller rate to run at 1 step per bar. Or you could use the clock modules to get the tick position and then some logic to send pattern numbers when the clock hits certain bars.

There are many other ways too; but if either of these approaches sounds like what you need, I can see if I can find a little time to build you a little prototype example.

Return to “Loomer”