Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratulations Colin! Looks really fascinating and I can't wait to have a play around with the beta.

Loopy C wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:29 am (Grammar fixes.)
Thanks, much appreciated. And that's why body written after a long day coding really demands a proof-reader.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:41 pm Are there any physics based modules? (eg like the bouncing ball XY controller in Usine)
Not built-in; but you have an XY pad UI component, and writing a physics back-end to drive it isn't hard at all.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

kingtubby wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:26 pm
colin@loomer wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:52 pmArchitect will be available to purchase shortly afterwards for £140...
Will that be £140 +vat? I notice that all the other products on your site are priced minus vat. I'll probably buy it either way, but it would be helpful to know.
Alas that's the price minus VAT. Add on whatever VAT rate is relevant for your country of purchase.

This looks like a killer application to me. It could be the Max version I always wanted, focusing entirely (or mostly) to midi. I'm sure going to buy it.

Maybe some of you know I wrote a program named "Zyklus Improvisor" that was made with Max (using Java extensively in the background) that was in essence an 8-track midi looper that used chord recognition to alter your recorded sequences to other keys and scales in real-time, just as a keyboard arranger would do. I was wondering how difficult that would be to mimic in Architect.

If the following 2 questions ...
1. can I easily record, play and quantize loops in one go?
2. can I alter the notes produced by the loops using some kind of user made objects (like mxj objects in Max)?
... are answered yes I would be very happy.

UncleAge wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:50 am A quick example of a function that I will try to do first if it does not already exist is a chord splitter. By this I mean that I would like to send a chord to a module and have it split the notes up and send them out to distinct channels.
I have a macro that does exactly this. I can tidy it up and include it in the user library, if you'd like.

Really curious / impatient to see how deep Architect can get building upon simple step sequencers. That's what I love so much when using Numerology, and I feel like it's going to be trivial and intuitive to do in Architect. Damn I'm impatient !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

bronswerk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 am This looks like a killer application to me. It could be the Max version I always wanted, focusing entirely (or mostly) to midi. I'm sure going to buy it.

...can I alter the notes produced by the loops using some kind of user made objects (like mxj objects in Max)?
I'm not aware of those particular Max objects, but these - and other requests for modules - are likely to be the focus of the post-1.0 releases. Which is a round-about way of saying: if it doesn't yet process MIDI in the way you need, I can make it so it does!

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:41 am I'm not aware of those particular Max objects
mxj objects are basically objects wrapping calls to custom java code. i think your lua interpreter block is the likely equivalent...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:03 pm Yes, the Lua module is just a standard module, which has its own contextual view to can edit Lua scripts. It has syntax colouring. No need for an external editor..
But... if I want to use an external editor with the added benefits of smart completion (of keywords, variables etc) and the shortcut keys I'm used to... would you mind add a way to add a custom default external editor that opens instead of having to use the internal? Please? :-)

jensa wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 amwould you mind add a way to add a custom default external editor that opens instead of having to use the internal? Please? :-)
Sure, I can look into it at some point.

I found ZeroBraneStudio to be a pretty good LUA IDE. I used it for Falcon scripts.
I also started using MS Code a lot, didn't look into it's Lua support yet though...
Anything else you would recommend jensa?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Making Lua scripts using an external IDE (like Eclipse what I use) would be awesome. It can also be a timesaver for the developer when specialized objects are needed and users can make them their selves comfortably.

bronswerk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:52 am This looks like a killer application to me. It could be the Max version I always wanted, focusing entirely (or mostly) to midi. I'm sure going to buy it.

Maybe some of you know I wrote a program named "Zyklus Improvisor"
Wow, Bronswerk chiming in... Zyklus Improvisor was awesome. A lot of people were
very sad that you didn't pursue this further.

If Architekt would be able to build something like this that would be awesome.
Not sure about this though... Probably would need scripting support? Time will tell I guess... ;)

Best,
tL.
Professional.

Maybe some of you know I wrote a program named "Zyklus Improvisor"
Wow, Bronswerk chiming in... Zyklus Improvisor was awesome. A lot of people were
very sad that you didn't pursue this further.

If Architekt would be able to build something like this that would be awesome.
Time will tell I guess... ;)

Best,
tL.
Professional.

Return to “Loomer”