Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is Architect?
Architect is a modular MIDI toolkit, which you can use to build MIDI generating, sequencing, and processing devices using a visual flow-based programming language. It has a collection of over 300 built-in modules, ranging from the big - analogue-style modular step sequencers and Lua script modules - down to the small - bitwise manipulators and mathematical functions - and everything in between. Devices can be exported as macros, shared, or re-used in further projects. Unlimited undo and redo ensure encourages exploration by guaranteeing that you can return to a "good" state.

And once you've built your device, you can give it a custom user interface using the integrated vector-based interface designer.

What do I need to run Architect?
Architect can run both as a standalone App, or as an AU, VST, or AAX plug-in. It will be available for macOS (10.7 and higher), Windows (Vista and above), and Linux.

Linear and non-linear sequencing
Items can be arranged in a linear timeline (with flexible multiple time signature support), or played live using a session. But why pick one? Both run simultaneously ,so feel free to combine linear arrangements with improvised session work.

Controller and mappings
Map hardware controllers, or even your computer keyboard to practically anything using a flexible mapping system. Mapped devices can even be routed into the modular graph view for further processing.

Live coding
Changes to the flow graph can be made and updated in real-time, or made "offline" by using the freeze function and only committed when you've made all the changes you want. By default, matching noteoff messages are automatically generated when a module or cable that had previously received a noteon message is deleted or disconnected, ensuring that you have no hung notes. MIDI processing modules will also remember how they processed noteon messages, to ensure that the noteoff will get to where it should, even if the graph has changed in the meantime.

Plug-in Hosting
Architect can host VST2 and VST3, AU, and LADSPA plug-ins and has it's own flexible mixer it you prefer to do all your music making in a single application. Alternately, you can route MIDI, audio out, or CV data out to a host or external hardware for further processing in another application.

When can I get it
Architect will be available to everyone in public beta form on 31st December 2018, with this very thread being the first place to find it. Architect will be available to purchase shortly afterwards for £140, but during the public beta phase and until the release of 1.0, will be available at a 25% "early-bird" discount. (Anyone who is already owed a copy from whatever reason, please contact me via PM or email, and I can sort you out a licence ready for when the Architect downloads are made public.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yay! Can't wait! :-)

you beauty!
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Oh yesssssss :clap: :party: :tu: :hyper: :hug:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Finally!!! 😉 You did it Colin, congratulations.

Yay. Well done Colin :)

:clap:
You can't always get what you waaaant...

and I think we can all see why it took a bit longer than expected - huge scope :tu: :clap:
what you don't know only makes you stronger

So we're the cool kids now... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCzDykng4g

What sort of render to audio options are there? Can you record audio in realtime from a midi track?

A nice shiny new thread! Thanks and congratulations Colin :)
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 pmCan you record audio in realtime from a midi track?
Yes, you can record both audio or MIDI into an "in-Architect" pool. From there you can export these recordings as files, drag n drop into another application, or, in the case of MIDI files, route them back into Architecture with the MIDI Player module for further processing. Off the top of my head, I think it supports audio exporting as .wav, .aiff, .flac, and .ogg, but don't quote me on that because I may have missed a format in there somewhere.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I feel confused, it looks like another Ableton with Max4live.

Absolutely amazing Colin, bravo !!!!
Could you show us a screenshor of how it can also behave like a tracker please ?
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Return to “Loomer”