String and Aspect

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am surprised they never had any updates for these plugins for so many years. Are there any rumours about a Windows update for these two plugins? I am a fan of both. :)

From their website:
String
WINDOWS VERSION 1.14.14. LAST UPDATED TUESDAY, 6TH JANUARY, 2015
Aspect
WINDOWS VERSION 1.7.20. LAST UPDATED TUESDAY, 6TH JANUARY, 2015

I've got partial updates of both in development, including new resizeable UIs, but they keep getting pushed to the back burner in favour of an overdue new product release. Once that is out, I'll get these releases out, thanks. Anything in particular you are looking for, feature-wise?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 am I've got partial updates of both in development, including new resizeable UIs, but they keep getting pushed to the back burner in favour of an overdue new product release. Once that is out, I'll get these releases out, thanks. Anything in particular you are looking for, feature-wise?
Hi Colin,

For String:
The resizable UI was one feature I was going to request, also another LFO (with more shapes too), an extra envelope, and a reverb added on would be cool. Last but not least it would nice to have the 9-band EQ available along with the filter choices, instead of one or the other.

For Aspect: It could use the extra sizes for the UI, and I'd like to have a couple effects added. Maybe the ones from String could be moved over to it? Also a comb filter type would be nice to have as well.

Nice suggestions, and definitely along the lines of what the updates will have. Thanks.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:34 pm Nice suggestions, and definitely along the lines of what the updates will have. Thanks.
Cool! Thanks Colin. :)

Examigan wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:48 pmFor String:
Last but not least it would nice to have the 9-band EQ available along with the filter choices, instead of one or the other.
That was part of some of my requests for String, from around 6-7 years ago! :-o :hihi:
But Colin has been busy with a masterpiece, so it's alright.

An expanded and more focused EQ (there's space for extra bands), and perhaps the ability to adjust each band's resonance. There is place on the current gui for at least 7 more bands. And that would be awesome to have. As I love chiseling sound.

Alongside new filters, which have frequency and slope control. The filters should be able to go from 6db to at least 48 db slopes, that gives immediate diversity of sound, not possible in standard string machines.

Using both the filters and EQ is sound designer's dream in a synth like this.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Loomer”