Cumulus and Bitwig

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Cumulus is a fine creation tool. One funny thing though. Got a few slow MIDI notes in a Bitwig clip, played by Cumulus. Each time Cumulus plays a note it tells Bitwig the session has to be saved. Eg. a star flanks the session name to tell the user that there were some modifications made that need to be saved. Pressing Ctrl-S saves the session.... and then Cumulus plays another note and the session is again flagged as needing to be saved. Nothing major, just that the 'concept' of playing an already recorded MIDI note changes something in the session is a tad funny.

Cheers.

I believe it's because the currently selected scene is saved as part of the preset. Playing a note can change the selected scene, and so it flags the preset as having changed. To be honest, there are a few places in Loomer plug-ins that do this - mark cosmetic or interface changes as a changed preset - and I think, on reflection, perhaps the changed preset state should only reflect an actual audio difference. I'll look into it.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Makes sense. This is nothing much, though, as the session will need to be saved anyways.

Just got String VST recently. I was a bit reluctant as it seemed to be quite simple-sounding in the light of all the fancy synths out there. But it has sounds that the 'big guys' do not seem to be able to come close to. And they integrate well, basically because of their simplicity. Complex sounds require much more attention at mixing. Whereas simple but effective sounds such as many factory sounds from String VST simply integrates well. And that is, without even starting to modify the sounds.

Thanks mevla; glad you're finding use for String.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”